Becoming a Visual Organization: The Power of Data Storytelling
Data yearns to be free, to tell its stories to all those who care about its revelations. Discovering and sharing those stories should be easy. But it’s not. Why? Most software intended to help people access and understand data is hard to use. For too long, data has been trapped behind scripts, wizards and code. That can change! When a company gives people end user analysis tools, they feel different. Respected. Capable. Powerful. People start to drive their organization forward in ways that could never have been anticipated. They express their full ingenuity and creativity. This workshop will empower you to transform swaths of raw data into visually compelling stories, driving your business forward.
June 20 – 22, 2018
- Know thy data: Become proactive in understanding and maximizing your business data
- Find the needle in a haystack: Learn how new data processing techniques provide valuable opportunities to discover strategic insights and hidden relationships in structured and un-structured data
- Tell your story with (real) data: Gain confidence in collecting, shaping and modeling the data that counts—through the wonders of Data Visualization
Amy Phillips is a Teaching Associate Professor in the department of Business Information and Analytics, Daniels College of Business. When working with the media, Phillips offers comprehensive knowledge of management information systems. She is the co-author of the leading MIS textbook, Business-Driven Information Systems.
- MEd, Educational Technology, Plymouth State College, New Hampshire
- BS, Honors, Botany, Plymouth State College, New Hampshire
20% discount available for DU Alumni, Daniels Corporate Partners, and 3 or more individuals from the same organization—$1,200
30% discount available for Non-profits, Current or Former Military, Government—$1,050
2 Graduate Level Credits—$2,640
20% discount available for Daniels Alumni—$2,112
If you need to cancel your registration in any of our workshops, you may transfer your enrollment to a future session, send someone to take your place, or cancel without penalty at any time up to three days (72 hours) prior to your class. If you provide us with less than three days’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be responsible for the entire workshop fee.
WORKSHOPS & PROGRAMS