Part-time Professional MBA
Accelerate your career with an MBA that merges leadership training, quantitative skill development and strategic thinking, all on a schedule designed for working professionals.
Develop your skills with a tightknit cohort of peers
Grow your knowledge through experiential learning
Build a large and robust business network
PART-TIME PROFESSIONAL MBA CLASS VISIT DAYS
Monday, Jan. 22 | Wednesday, Feb. 7
Wednesday, Feb. 21 | Monday, March 4
Experience a day in the life of the Professional MBA program! Sit in on one or two PMBA classes of your choice to learn from our expert faculty, and enjoy refreshments while you meet PMBA students, faculty and staff.
Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions
Reach out to Alicia with any questions you have about the Part-time Professional MBA or the admissions process.
Part-Time Professional MBA Program Tuition
Base tuition (2023–2024): $82,980 | Typical scholarship range (% of tuition): 10–40%*
* Scholarships are based on academic record, testing and employment credentials, and are not guaranteed. Contact email@example.com or 303-871-3416 for more information.
- Learning in a cohort: You’ll build relationships with a tightknit group of your peers, coming from diverse backgrounds and industries. As you take classes, solve problems and take on challenges together, this cohort naturally grows into a business network you’ll rely on throughout your career.
- Learning by doing: During your program you’ll participate in a mountain leadership retreat and travel abroad to work with international organizations. Your experiential learning will culminate with your final capstone project, where you’ll serve as a consultant to a real organization with a genuine business problem.
- Recognition: The PMBA is a top-ranked program by US News & World Report and Fortune.
- GMAT/GRE optional: If you determine that your application will be stronger with GMAT or GRE scores, you have the option to submit them when you apply.
- Some courses are offered online, outside of the cohort.
Average salary increase of 36% four months after graduation*
86% of graduates received promotions*
* Class of 2020
Seth Spiva, PMBA 2021
Senior Financial Analyst, Arrow Electronics
“My experience in the PMBA program exceeded all expectations. The program balanced both quantitative and qualitative skill development with an emphasis on ethics throughout that was unmatched. The impact of the program also extended beyond just the classroom—I formed relationships with both professors and cohort members that will undoubtedly last for many years to come.”
Connect With Us
- Contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 303-871-3416 to learn more about the Professional MBA program.
- Visit the Daniels College of Business to experience firsthand what sets us apart. Walk our campus, or schedule a customized in-person or virtual visit to sit in on a class or talk with faculty, graduate advisors or current students.
How to Apply to the Part-time Professional MBA
We welcome applicants from all professional backgrounds and academic disciplines. Qualified PMBA candidates must have at least 2 years of work experience. To apply, you must submit:
- Official college transcript(s)
- Professional resume
- $100 application fee
GMAT or GRE scores are optional. If you determine that your application will be stronger with GMAT or GRE scores, please submit them when you apply.
All accepted students are automatically considered for scholarships. No additional application is needed.
Visit our graduate admissions page for more information about application requirements.
FAQs for the Professional MBA
What is a Professional MBA?
What is the Professional MBA class schedule?
How much work experience do I need?
Is the Professional MBA or the Executive MBA a better fit for me?
The Professional MBA is designed to serve early- to mid-level-career professionals who want to advance to managerial or senior level positions within their current companies or elsewhere. Professional MBA candidates average 5 years of work experience.
In the Executive MBA program, students who are advanced in their careers can learn with and from other senior-level professionals in order to benefit their companies and/or advance to C-level positions as a next step in their careers. EMBA candidates have 10+ years of work experience on average.
Both programs provide an MBA degree, and both are structured for working professionals. See our MBA comparison page for more details about the differences between our MBAs.
Is there flexibility in the program to accommodate the times I have to travel for work and can't attend in person?
I’m torn between the Professional MBA program and a specialized master’s program—which is a better fit for me?
If you’d like a foundation in a broad range of business functions and perspectives (such as business strategy, accounting, finance, analytics, marketing and more) in order to have a strong understanding of overall business concepts and you can commit to a longer program, then consider applying to one of our MBA programs.
Typically, if you want to advance through in-depth knowledge of a particular topic, by specializing in your current job function or pivoting to another job with a particular specialization, then consider a specialized master’s program.
Have other questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 303-871-3416.
Connect With a Student
Our graduate student ambassadors are happy to share their personal experiences about Daniels and Denver with you. Feel free to email an ambassador with your questions or to arrange a time to come to the beautiful University of Denver campus to meet them.