A Master’s in Real Estate and the Built Environment
Building Integrated Project Leaders
Support Your Career with a Solid Foundation
At the Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management, we take a holistic approach to the business of the built environment—providing a 360-degree view of a project life cycle. Leadership skills, management training and business acumen are in high-demand.
Your Blueprint for Success
As the only Real Estate and the Built Environment program from a renowned and accredited business college, our aim is to turn experienced professionals into visionary leaders.
Master of Science
The Master of Science in Real Estate and the Built Environment can be completed in one year full-time or 18 months part-time. Our program gives you the full range of real estate, property development and integrated project delivery you need to succeed in real estate development.
My experience at Daniels prepared me to lead with character and conviction. The proformas and other analysis tools used in my courses are still useful for me in my day-to-day operations. More important than knowing how to analyze potential projects, I believe that conducting yourself in an ethical manner is crucial to having a long-term, successful career in the commercial real estate industry.”
– Jake Hallauer, Vice President, Chrisland Commercial Real Estate, Inc
2012, MS Real Estate and Construction Management
U.S. News & World Report ranks our online programs No. 22 out of 242 programs.
Executive Master of Science
The Executive Master of Science in Real Estate and the Built Environment can be completed in as little as 18 months or up to five years. This program is a flexible, online degree program designed for working professionals with at least seven years of relevant work experience who want to progress in their corporate or entrepreneurial careers in real estate, property development or integrated project delivery. One three-day course in residence is required in addition to online studies. The online classes are offered in a synchronous manner one evening per week for a total of 10 weeks.
Class of 2016 Career Statistics
3 Months Out - Accepted Job Offer
6 Months Out - Accepted Job Offer
Learn from Industry Experts
… in the classroom and in the field – locally and around the world.
- Gain insight and expertise from faculty members who are well-connected throughout the industry.
- Obtain immediate experience in all aspects of real estate development by teaming up with developers in our unique Residential Practicum or the Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP) projects.
- Enroll in our real estate capital markets class where you’ll manage and evaluate assets in the Mueller Real Estate Investment Fund.
- Travel the world to meet with government officials, builders, developers and experts and learn firsthand about international real estate and construction through our global delegations.
- Experience the power of our extensive alumni network in nearly every major city in the world (35,000+ strong). Access guidance and support when you need to close a deal, gain a local perspective or explore professional opportunities.
Full Life Cycle of the Built Environment
The only program in the country integrating Real Estate, Project Delivery, and Asset/Facility Management education into a distinct foundational core representing the full life cycle of the built environment.
REBE graduate degrees provide students with an understanding of the full life cycle of the built environment while acquiring expertise in a specific educational discipline of their choice. It can be completed in one year full-time or 18 months part-time.
Choose from either our online Executive Master of Science or our on-campus MS degree:
Online Executive MS:
An 18-24 month, 48 credit program taken online in a synchronous classroom experience. One three-day course in residence is required. Ethics and values based leadership are integrated throughout the curriculum.
A 12+ month, full- or part-time, 48-credit on campus program. Ethics and values based leadership are integrated throughout the curriculum.
Concentrations & Dual Degrees
The Burns School offers unique opportunities for students to earn two master’s-level degrees simultaneously or to pursue an MBA with a real estate, property development and integrated project delivery concentration.
You can also add another dimension to your industry knowledge by combining the MSREBE with a juris doctor (JD) from the University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law.
For more information about any of these options, please contact a graduate admissions manager.
Graduate students at the Burns School concentrate in either residential or commercial real estate development. Select from one of three tracks or choose a customized option:
- Real Estate—Finance, financial analysis, valuation and appraisal, investment, capital markets and corporate real estate.
- Property Development—Feasibility, planning, entitlements, finance, building systems, construction management, facilities and asset management.
- Integrated Project Delivery—Preconstruction planning, design phase management, procurement, construction project management and commissioning.
Learning at Burns is not confined to classrooms or even continents. Our approach to learning is interdisciplinary and high impact. You learn business lessons because you live them. You acquire business skills because you use them when the stakes are real.
HOME BUILDERS ACADEMY
MUELLER REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT FUND
Company Information Sessions
Scholarships are available for any student who meets the listed requirements. Don’t let finances keep you from pursuing your education and expanding your career.
Note: Please read all “Application Guidelines” on the first page of the application and fill it out completely to be considered. Applications must be received by the required deadlines. Contact the Burns School for more information: 303.871.3432.
Connect With Us
Our Executive Master and Master of Science in Real Estate and the Built Environment degrees are a great fit for many different types of leaders. We’re here to give you the right amount of guidance and support paired with the ability to customize your journey. You can complete our program in timeframes ranging from a year and a half to a full five years, so it really it is an education made just for you.
Connect with an admissions manager, program director or graduate student ambassador to learn more about the Real Estate and the Built Environment program. You can also attend an admissions event or contact Graduate Admissions & Academic Services at email@example.com or +1 303.871.3416.