Daniels at a Glance
Degree Programs: We offer graduate and undergraduate degree programs to suit a variety of work experience levels, schedules and professional interests and aspirations. All programs combine the study of business fundamentals with hands-on experience via simulations, practicum projects and interaction with local, regional and global business leaders.
Our Dean: Vivek Choudhury came to the University of Denver in August 2019 from the George Washington University School of Business (GWSB), where he had been serving most recently as associate dean for strategic initiatives and professor of information systems and technology management. His research interests include: management of offshored/outsourced IT projects, trust in electronic commerce, and knowledge management. Read Choudhury’s biography.
Faculty & Staff: Our faculty members are nationally recognized educators and researchers who are deeply engaged in the business world. They excel at helping students apply classroom lessons to real-world challenges. Our exceptional staff members support students, faculty, alumni, corporate partners, recruiters, donors and the community at every turn.
Ethical Leadership: Daniels is internationally recognized for integrating social, environmental and ethical issues into our innovative curricula. This curricular framework gives you the resources and insight needed to hit the ground running and enter the business world armed with knowledge. Everything we do in the real world has its foundation in ethics.
The Daniels Difference: The challenge-driven education provided by Daniels gives students access to real-world business challenges via action-based learning. Students will hit the ground running, entering careers with market-readiness. With a legacy of over 100 years of leadership development, Daniels is building our future business world.
Influential Network: No matter where business takes you, you’ll have the Daniels Pioneer Network to back you up. Comprised of students, alumni, business leaders, corporate partners, faculty and friends of the College, the Daniels Pioneer Network is a valuable source of professional mentoring, information and networking. A full calendar of events and news-making research and activities keep our community of students, alumni, faculty and partners involved and inspired.
Daniels is located in Denver, Colorado, a city known for its dynamic blend of business, innovation and world-class recreation. Denver is consistently ranked by Forbes and Kiplinger’s as one of the top cities for young professionals and recent college graduates.
Continuously Accredited Since 1923
Committed to advancing business and our students
The College’s vision, mission and values reflect the enduring principles that have guided Daniels throughout our long and distinguished history. As part of this process, they reflect the vitality of today’s economic marketplace.
The Daniels Vision
Pioneering business for the public good
The Daniels Mission
To benefit the public good by developing business pioneers through impactful scholarship, challenge-driven education and lifelong learning.
The Daniels Values
- Culture of innovation and engagement
- Learn through doing
- Interact with integrity
- Diversity and inclusion as a source of strength
- Global action and influence
The vision, mission and values are the foundation that links Daniels, University of Denver (DU) and global communities together as a cohesive unit with a shared past, present and future. They reflect what we fundamentally believe is our core purpose. We will hold ourselves and each other responsible for leading professional lives that uphold these tenets.
Want to help advance our students?
RECOGNIZED FOR ADVANCING THE PRACTICE OF BUSINESS SINCE 1908
Daniels College of Business is the eighth-oldest business school in the country and the most recognized college in the Rocky Mountain West. The College is ranked among the best of the world’s top business schools. We are proud to be one of the 760 business schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Daniels is the only business school in Colorado to receive high rankings and recognition from Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report.
- Princeton Review—No. 2 Best Green MBA (2020)
- U.S. News & World Report—Executive Master’s in Real Estate and the Built Environment ranked No. 70 for Best Online Master’s Business Programs (non-MBA) (2020)
- Bloomberg Businessweek—No. 83 nationally, No. 77 in Compensation, No. 76 in Entrepreneurship (2019–2020)
- Poets & Quants—No. 89 in Top MBA Programs (2019–2020)
- CEO Magazine—Denver MBA ranked Tier 1 globally (2019)
- CEO Magazine—Executive MBA ranked No. 7 globally (2019)
- CEO Magazine—MBA@Denver ranked No. 10 globally (2019)
- U.S. News & World Report—No. 91 in Best Business Schools (2019)
- Businessweek MBA Student Survey—No. 30 for Skills Being Applicable to the Real World (2019)
- CFA Institute—The Daniels Master of Science in Finance program has been affiliated with the CFA Institute University Recognition Program since 2014. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program incorporates at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provides students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
- Poets & Quants—No. 58 in the nation (2020)
- U.S. News & World Report—No. 90 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2020)
- Bloomberg Businessweek—Colorado’s highest ranked undergraduate business program, ranked No. 56 in the nation (2016)