The University of Denver’s Daniels College of Business
Daniels has always taken a bigger, broader approach to business and taught our students accordingly.
Founded in 1908, Daniels is a top-ranked business college at one of the country’s premier private universities and the oldest university in the Rocky Mountain West. With our rich history of excellence and innovation, Daniels is globally recognized as a leader in providing an immersive and engaged business education.
Grounded in ethics, our educational experience not only teaches students, it transforms lives. As a learning community, our students, faculty and staff nurture service, outreach and personal integrity as we proactively tackle the tough business issues of our day.
Daniels at a Glance
Our Dean: Dr. E. LaBrent “Brent” Chrite, the dean of the Daniels College of Business, has been actively involved in academic leadership, research, teaching and technical assistance engagements in emerging and transitioning markets around the world.
Degree Programs: We offer graduate and undergraduate degree programs to suit a variety of work experience levels, schedules and professional interests and aspirations. All programs combine the study of business fundamentals with hands-on experience via simulations, practicum projects and interaction with local, regional and global business leaders.
Faculty & Staff: Our faculty members are nationally recognized educators and researchers who are deeply engaged in the business world. They excel at helping students apply classroom lessons to real-world challenges. Our exceptional staff members support students, faculty, alumni, corporate partners, recruiters, donors and the community at every turn.
Ethical Leadership: Daniels is internationally recognized for integrating social, environmental and ethical issues into our innovative curricula. This curricular framework gives you the resources and insight needed to hit the ground running and enter the business world armed with knowledge. Everything we do in the real world has its foundation in ethics.
The Daniels Difference: The challenge-driven education provided by Daniels give students access to real-world business challenges via action-based learning. Students will hit the ground running, entering careers with market-readiness. With a legacy of over 100 years of leadership development, Daniels is building our future business world.
Influential Network: No matter where business takes you, you’ll have the Daniels Pioneer Network to back you up. Comprised of students, alumni, business leaders, corporate partners, faculty and friends of the College, the Daniels Pioneer Network is a valuable source of professional mentoring, information and networking. A full calendar of events and news-making research and activities keep our community of students, alumni, faculty and partners involved and inspired.
Daniels is located in Denver, Colorado, a city known for its dynamic blend of business, innovation and world-class recreation. Denver is consistently ranked by Forbes and Kiplinger’s as one of the top cities for young professionals and recent college graduates.
Continuously Accredited Since 1923
Committed to advancing business and our students
The College’s vision, mission and values reflect the enduring principles that have guided Daniels throughout our long and distinguished history. As part of this process, they reflect the vitality of today’s economic marketplace.
The Daniels Vision
Pioneering business for the public good
The Daniels Mission
To benefit the public good by developing business pioneers through impactful scholarship, challenge-driven education and lifelong learning.
The Daniels Values
Culture of innovation and engagement
- Learn through doing
- Interact with integrity
- Diversity and inclusion as a source of strength
- Global action and influence
The vision, mission and values are the foundation that links Daniels, University of Denver (DU) and global communities together as a cohesive unit with a shared past, present and future. They reflect what we fundamentally believe is our core purpose. We will hold ourselves and each other responsible for leading professional lives that uphold these tenets.
Want to help advance our students?
College-level Publications and Media
Get to know Daniels with these publications and online resources for alumni, parents, donors, faculty, staff, friends, prospective students and currently enrolled students.
RECOGNIZED FOR ADVANCING THE PRACTICE OF BUSINESS SINCE 1908
Daniels College of Business is the eighth-oldest business school in the country and the most recognized college in the Rocky Mountain West. The College is ranked among the best of the world’s top business schools. We are proud to be one of the 760 business schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Daniels is the only business school in Colorado to receive high rankings and recognition from Bloomberg Businessweek and U.S. News & World Report.
- U.S. News & World Report—No. 21 Best Online Graduate Programs (2016)
- Princeton Review—No. 3 Best Green MBA in the nation (2016)
- GraduatePrograms.com—No. 6 Daniels Executive MBA (2015)
- GraduatePrograms.com—No. 24 Daniels Professional MBA (2015)
- GraduatePrograms.com—No. 3 Daniels Master of Science in Marketing Program (2015)
- GraduatePrograms.com—No. 11 Daniels Master of Accountancy Program (2015)
- Inc. Magazine—One of 15 Most Innovative MBA Programs in the nation (2015)
- U.S. News & World Report—No. 91 Best part-time MBA programs in accredited business schools (2015)
- CoBiz Magazine Best of Colorado Business Choice Awards—Best MBA Program (2015)
- Bloomberg Businessweek—No. 53 Part-time MBA in the nation (2015)
- CFA Institute—The Daniels Master of Science in Finance program has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program incorporates at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provides students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams. (2014)
- Bloomberg Businessweek—Colorado’s highest ranked undergraduate business program, ranked No. 56 in the nation (2016)
- Princeton Review—Listed as one of the Top 296 business schools in The 2015 Edition: The Best 296 Business Schools (2014)
- Create a Career: Lists the Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management among the top 25 hospitality programs in the United States (2014)
- Bloomberg Businessweek—Ranked No. 8 in the Western United States, No. 12 in Academic Quality and No. 40 in Private Universities (2014)
- U.S. News & World Report—Real Estate Programs Specialty Ranking, ranked No. 13 (2014)
- U.S. News & World Report—Ranked among the best of accredited business schools, ranked No. 79 (2014)