Daniels at a Glance
Our Programs: We offer graduate and undergraduate degree programs to suit a variety of work experience levels, schedules and professional interests and aspirations. All programs combine the study of business fundamentals with hands-on experience via simulations, practicum projects and interaction with local, regional and global business leaders. Our Executive Education programs include webinars, workshops and short courses for working professionals.
Our Dean: Vivek Choudhury came to the University of Denver in August 2019 from the George Washington University School of Business (GWSB), where he had been serving most recently as associate dean for strategic initiatives and professor of information systems and technology management. His research interests include: management of offshored/outsourced IT projects, trust in electronic commerce, and knowledge management. Read Choudhury’s biography.
Faculty & Staff: Our faculty members are nationally recognized educators and researchers who are deeply engaged in the business world. They excel at helping students apply classroom lessons to real-world challenges. Our exceptional staff members support students, faculty, alumni, corporate partners, recruiters, donors and the community at every turn.
Ethical Leadership: Daniels is internationally recognized for integrating social, environmental and ethical issues into our innovative curricula. This curricular framework gives you the resources and insight needed to hit the ground running and enter the business world armed with knowledge. Everything we do in the real world has its foundation in ethics.
The Daniels Difference: The challenge-driven education provided by Daniels gives students access to real-world business challenges via action-based learning. Students will hit the ground running, entering careers with market-readiness. With a legacy of over 100 years of leadership development, Daniels is building our future business world.
Influential Network: No matter where business takes you, you’ll have the Daniels Pioneer Network to back you up. Comprised of students, alumni, business leaders, corporate partners, faculty and friends of the College, the Daniels Pioneer Network is a valuable source of professional mentoring, information and networking. A full calendar of events and news-making research and activities keep our community of students, alumni, faculty and partners involved and inspired.
Daniels is located in Denver, Colorado, a city known for its dynamic blend of business, innovation and world-class recreation. Denver is consistently ranked by Forbes and Kiplinger’s as one of the top cities for young professionals and recent college graduates.
Continuously Accredited Since 1923
Committed to advancing business and our students
The Daniels vision, mission and values, along with Daniels in Focus, our strategic plan, and the DU Impact 2025 strategic plan, drive our academics, culture and priorities.
The College’s vision, mission and values reflect the enduring principles that have guided Daniels throughout our long and distinguished history. As part of this process, they reflect the vitality of today’s economic marketplace.
The Daniels Vision
Pioneering business for the public good
The Daniels Mission
To benefit the public good by developing business pioneers through impactful scholarship, challenge-driven education and lifelong learning.
The Daniels Values
- Culture of innovation and engagement
- Learn through doing
- Interact with integrity
- Diversity and inclusion as a source of strength
- Global action and influence
The vision, mission and values are the foundation that links Daniels, University of Denver (DU) and global communities together as a cohesive unit with a shared past, present and future. They reflect what we fundamentally believe is our core purpose. We will hold ourselves and each other responsible for leading professional lives that uphold these tenets.
Want to help advance our students?
Full-time MBA in Colorado
Online MBA in North America
MBA in Best of Colorado Business Choice Awards
- Princeton Review (2023)
- MBA@Denver ranked No. 6 in Best Online MBA Programs
- Full-time Denver MBA ranked No. 10 in Best Green MBA Programs
- MBA programs ranked No. 7 in Greatest Resources for Women and included in unranked list of the Best On-Campus MBA Programs
- U.S. News & World Report (2023)
- Full-time Denver MBA ranked No. 71
- Part-time Professional MBA ranked No. 75
- MBA@Denver ranked No. 65 in Best Online MBA Programs and No. 44 in Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans
- Bloomberg Businessweek—Denver MBA ranked No. 1 in Colorado and No. 74 nationally (2022–2023)
- Fortune Education—Part-time Professional MBA ranked No. 29 in the nation for best part-time MBA programs (2022–2023)
- Fortune Education (2022)
- Denver MBA ranked No. 49 in the nation for best MBA programs
- MBA@Denver ranked No. 21 in the nation for best online MBA programs
- Intelligent—MS in Real Estate and the Built Environment ranked No. 11 in master’s in real estate degree programs
- Poets&Quants—MBA@Denver ranked No. 1 in Colorado and No. 12 nationally for best online MBA programs and No. 7 in the country for academic experience (2022)
- CEO Magazine (2021)
- MBA@Denver ranked No. 1 in North America and No. 16 in the world
- Executive MBA ranked No. 6 in North America and No. 15 in the world
- Denver MBA ranked Tier 1 globally
- ColoradoBiz—Denver MBA ranked No. 1 in the Best of Colorado Business Choice Awards (2021)
- International Business Times—Executive MBA ranked No. 53 for best U.S. EMBA programs (2021)
- U.S. News & World Report—No. 80 in Best Business Schools (2021)
- Poets&Quants—No. 89 in Top MBA Programs (2019–2020)
- Businessweek MBA Student Survey—No. 30 for Skills Being Applicable to the Real World (2019)
- CFA Institute—The Daniels Master of Science in Finance program has been affiliated with the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program since 2014. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program incorporates at least 70 percent of the CFA® Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provides students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
- Poets&Quants—No. 37 in the nation (2022)
- U.S. News & World Report—No. 84 among Best Undergraduate Business Programs (2022)
- CEOWORLD Magazine—Fritz Knoebel School of Hospitality Management ranked No. 9 in the world (2021)
RECOGNIZED FOR ADVANCING THE PRACTICE OF BUSINESS SINCE 1908
Daniels College of Business is the eighth-oldest business school in the country and the most recognized college in the Rocky Mountain West. The College is ranked among the best of the world’s top business schools. We’re proud to be one of the 760 business schools accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Get to know Daniels with these publications and online resources for alumni, parents, donors, faculty, staff, friends, prospective students and currently enrolled students.
Daniels Business (the Daniels magazine)