Fall quarter (September)
Spring quarter (March)
As little as 10 months
Or design your own concentration
- Get hands-on experience managing real money in our Marsico Investment Center.
- We are a STEM-designated program, making international students eligible for an OPT visa extension after graduation.
- The program includes learning trips to the world’s financial capitals, such as New York, London and Brussels.
- As a member of the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program, we provide roughly 20 students with CFA exam scholarships each year.
Companies that hired recent graduates
tuition:Base tuition (2020-2021): $65,745† Typical scholarship range (% of tuition): 10-50%*
† Up to 12 additional credits of prerequisites may be required, at a cost of $1,426 per credit. Students may have elective requirements waived based on previous coursework or by passing waiver exams.
* Scholarships are based on academic record, testing and employment credentials, and are not guaranteed. Contact email@example.com or 303.223.7503 for more information.
Build your knowledge. Apply your skills.
The Master of Science in Applied Quantitative Finance (MSAQF) from the Reiman School of Finance combines the in-depth study of finance theories and principles with advanced technologies, communication and teamwork, with a strong focus on ethics and values.
You will develop financial models with integrated classroom experience and apply your newly learned skills immediately. We will challenge you to think, not memorize. We believe in learning by doing, practicing and perfecting.
Elevate your career
The MSAQF is a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) degree according to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With this designation, F-1 international students may apply for a 17-month extension for Optional Practical Training (OPT).
The program is also a member of the CFA Institute University Affiliation Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program incorporates at least 70 percent of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provides students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
As an MSaqf student you will:
- Build your résumé with a complimentary subscription to S&P Capital IQ.
- Get hands-on equity asset management skills by managing a portion of the University’s endowment fund, valued at one million dollars, in our Marsico Fund course.
- Use options to create hedging and return enhancement strategies in our Derivative Funds class.
- Develop financial models for the investment banking industry using the most sophisticated information, analysis, databases and simulation software available.
- Specialize in corporate finance, investment banking, asset management or design your own finance concentration to meet your specific career goals.
Courses & Electives
The MSAQF program is a STEM-designated 45- to 57-credit degree that can be completed in as little as 10 months by full-time students subject to prerequisites and course load. You also have the option of earning your degree part-time, day or evening.
The degree plan includes courses in finance and business analytics and 16 elective credits toward your specialization or concentration.
Learning at Daniels encourages you to get out of the classroom and into the field interacting with business leaders, solving real business problems and using your business skills when the stakes are real. You’ll emerge from Daniels business sharp, field tested and ready to lead—adaptable to new situations and well-versed in both big-picture strategic thinking and cross-functional intricacies.
GAIN REAL –WORLD EXPERIENCE
At Daniels, our deep connections around the world create ample opportunities for you to meet and learn from the top professionals in your industry of interest.
- Finance Capital of the World: This course provides the opportunity to learn and reinforce financial concepts, tools, methodologies and practices that are used in the European financial markets. After preparatory sessions and assignments in Denver, students will spend time in London visiting and learning from investment bankers, asset managers and risk managers. All this will be studied in the context of understanding how geopolitical risk impacts financial decision-making and how the decisions made in Brussels affect all of the EU countries and markets. Students will also spend a week in New York visiting a variety of financial firms to learn from employees who work in these fields.
- Voices of Experience: Dynamic presentations and discussions from executive business leaders on the challenges and opportunities in today’s business world.
- Reiman Finance Club: This group allows students to directly engage the professional finance world through speakers, networking and workshops, with the end job of finding their ideal job.The club matches current students with alumni across the country for monthly conversations about the industry and possible career pathways. Weekly newsletters inform students of events and networking opportunities on campus as well as internship and full-time positions in the financial industry.
- Executive and Alumni Mentoring: Gain insight from an executive and/or alumni mentor in your field of interest.
COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST
Case competitions provide you with a chance to showcase your critical-thinking, problem-solving and presentation skills—experiencing firsthand the challenges of the business world.
- Race & Case: Daniels’ signature event that combines an ethics case competition with a ski race.
- Inclusive Excellence Business Case Competition: Daniels is proud to host one of the country’s few business case competitions focused on diversity. Students tackle a current issue around inclusive excellence, which is a strategic imperative for a participating company.
- Cable Apprentice Challenge: This is a unique combination of education and networking with the best and the brightest in the business. Students are challenged to develop research and analysis tactics to help Comcast Colorado.
- Association for Corporate Growth Case Competition: A regional business school case competition. The ACG Cup is a case-study competition designed to give students from leading MBA programs invaluable insights into mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, financial advisory and private equity.
- Aspen Institute’s Business & Society International MBA Case Competition: More than 1,000 students from 25 business schools tackle a new case study, authored by the Yale School of Management. This requires innovative thinking at the intersection of corporate profitability and positive social and environmental impacts. You will step into a real-life, time-sensitive scenario demanding integrative decision making—not unlike the challenges that you and your teammates will face as the next generation of business leadership.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RESOURCES
At Daniels, we are dedicated to creating an environment of inclusive excellence for all of our students.
- Our International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) department works closely with our graduate students to help make the most of their Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) time.
- The MSAQF is STEM designated, making it possible for your OPT to extend to three years.
- We offer flexibility in our Master of Science program that can enable you to maximize your stay in the U.S.