Entrepreneurship@DU gives students the freedom and the space to explore their interests, passions and purpose. We encourage our students and provide the support to think big, disrupt, solve problems and make an impact.
Inspiration starts with the cross-disciplinary entrepreneurship curriculum. The entrepreneurship minor can complement any DU major, and entrepreneurship classes are available to every graduate and undergraduate student at the University.
Outside the Classroom
Students across campus can gain inspiration and learn about entrepreneurship by taking part in E@DU events, programs and experiences. The topics and formats are diverse, and we support students in exploring their passions.
E@DU is excited to introduce new $1,000 microgrants! These funds are available to DU students from any full-time program to support new and early-stage business ideas, helping students take their ideas from concept to reality.
see what makes our program so distinctive
A hub for entrepreneurial energy
Both on and off campus, we immerse students in the startup world with activities and resources such as:
- Madden Challenge—a pitch competition for students to get funding and feedback on their business plans
- DO U (Entrepreneurship Club)—a student-led club open to all students interested in exploring entrepreneurship with peers
- Women Innovators—events to inspire, encourage and provide support for female entrepreneurs and other aspiring business-minded individuals
- Harry Trueblood Innovation Collaboratory—an exciting opportunity for students to receive funding and coaching from Daniels entrepreneurial experts to think, innovate, build and validate—and take their product and services to market.
- Entrepreneurship Week—a 7-day experience in Fall Quarter celebrating the entrepreneurial community at DU
- Pioneer Venture Group (PVG)—the University of Denver’s first venture capital fund entirely run and managed by a team of students
- DU Pitch Competition—a pitch competition open to all DU students, where undergraduate and graduate students go head to head
- BASE Camp—a 5-week program for student startups that want to grow and accelerate their business idea, find market fit and create value.
- Pop Up Palooza—a student-led market featuring DU students showcasing their business/product and ideas with free food and live music!
New businesses start here
The ideas developed in the entrepreneurship program at DU don’t stay ideas. They become start-ups and thriving businesses. Here are a sampling of some student ventures that received financial support from Entrepreneurship@DU:
- Buonaforma—Combines the timelessness of ceramic form and the innovation of modern technology to compose functional luxury art for any space.
- ChaiGo—The ChaiGo chai latte is a ready-to-drink canned, oat-milk chai latte. It is purpose brewed with Assam black tea and whole spices for the richest of flavors.
- GoodLove Foods—A Gluten-Free line of Frozen, Ready-to-Bake goods so delicious, you may check the ingredients list again!
- Illegal Oats– Ento-granola that embraces the most sustainable and healthiest source of protein by including ento-powder in each recipe.
- MyCogito– A comprehensive, intelligent, and secure digital phenotyping platform for your wellbeing.
- Nomad Joe—Designs and develops products such as the Voyager Kettle, an electric, collapsible kettle designed to make coffee or tea while traveling.
- One Kind Cup—Dedicated to reducing plastic waste from soft drinks by developing a cost efficient, environmentally friendly cup solution.
- PocketChange—Platform enabling users to take action on causes they care about, by donating $0.25–$2 in just one click.
- SlopeThreads—Ski clothing rental service, delivering name-brand ski and snowboarding gear right to your doorstep.
- Vino Everywhere– A wine straw perfect for any occasion.