Master of Science in Marketing
Take a deep dive into marketing, from the core concepts to technical skills and the latest methods in consumer insights, all paired with our extensive career coaching to help you find your next role.
94% of students have full-time jobs 6 months after graduation*
*Class of 2021
Do in-depth audience research for real-world clients in the Consumer Insights and Business Innovation Center
Design a career that matches your passion in our professional development and leadership course
Master’s in Marketing Program Snapshot
Master’s in Marketing Program Tuition
Base tuition (2024-2025): $75,060 | Typical scholarship range (% of tuition): 10-65%*
*Scholarships are based on academic records, testing and employment credentials, and are not guaranteed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-871-3416 for more information.
Master’s in Marketing Curriculum
The Master of Science in Marketing degree program challenges you to think critically to solve problems while teaching you to embrace ambiguity. In our small classes, you’ll work closely with faculty and industry clients to sharpen your skills while building your resume.
Points of Pride
This innovative program is comprised of cutting-edge curriculum and numerous hands-on opportunities for you to learn. In the MS Marketing program, you will:
- Take part in professional development workshops designed to hone the skills needed to secure an internship and land a job.
- Be mentored by an area marketing professional who will help you develop a professional brand, decide on the best professional marketing associations to join for your individual career goals and help with your career transition.
- Finish this 45–47 credit hour program in as little as 9 months.
Get out of the classroom and into the field interacting with business leaders, solving business problems and using your business skills when the stakes are real.
GAIN REAL–WORLD EXPERIENCE
At Daniels, our deep connections around the world create ample opportunities for you to meet and learn from top professionals in your industry of interest.
- Voices of Experience: Experience dynamic presentations and discussions from executive business leaders on the challenges and opportunities in today’s business world.
- Executive and Alumni Mentoring: Gain insight from an executive and/or alumni mentor in your field of interest.
Perform real-world research with the Consumer Insights and Business Innovation Center (CiBiC). It’s a state-of-the-art research center that guides you, faculty and businesses along a journey that starts with understanding the needs, feelings and behaviors of consumers and ends with ideas for developing new and improved market offerings.
COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST
Case competitions provide you with a chance to showcase your critical-thinking, problem-solving and presentation skills—experiencing firsthand the challenges of the business world.
- Race & Case: Daniels’ signature event that combines an ethics case competition with a ski race.
- Inclusive Excellence Business Case Competition: Tackle a current issue around inclusive excellence, which is a strategic imperative for a participating company.
- Cable Apprentice Challenge: Compete in a challenge to develop research and analysis tactics to help Comcast Colorado.
- Association for Corporate Growth Case Competition: A regional business school case competition. The ACG Cup is a case-study competition designed to give students from leading MBA programs invaluable insights into mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, financial advisory and private equity.
- Aspen Institute’s Business & Society International MBA Case Competition: More than 1,000 students from 25 business schools tackle a new case study, authored by the Yale School of Management, requiring innovative thinking at the intersection of corporate profitability and positive social and environmental impacts. You will step into a real-life, time-sensitive scenario demanding integrative decision making—not unlike the challenges that you and your teammates will face as the next generation of business leadership.
Connect with marketing faculty and other marketing students at orientation. The bonding, camaraderie and relationships that you form during Kick-Off Weekend lay a foundation for successful partnerships in your master’s program.
International Student Resources
At Daniels, we are dedicated to creating an environment of inclusive excellence for all of our students.
The University’s International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) department works closely with our graduate students to help make the most of their Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) time.
We offer flexibility in our MS in marketing program that can enable you to maximize your stay in the U.S.
Companies That Hired Recent MS Marketing Graduates
Deborah Finestone, MS Marketing 2017
Associate Manager (Analytics), Danone North America
During her MS program, Deborah got hands-on experience working with 7 real-world clients and researching in the consumer insights lab, and she discovered her passion for analytics.
How to Apply to the Master of Science in Marketing
We welcome applicants from all professional backgrounds and academic disciplines. No prior work experience—or background in business—is required. To apply, you must submit:
- Official college transcript(s)
- Professional resume
- $100 application fee
GMAT or GRE scores are optional. If you determine that your application will be stronger with GMAT or GRE scores, please submit them when you apply.
All accepted students are automatically considered for scholarships. No additional application is needed.
Visit our graduate admissions page for more information about application requirements.
Start With a Graduate Certificate
Do you want to build your skills but aren’t ready to commit to a master’s degree? You can start by taking courses toward a 4- or 6-course certificate in Digital Marketing or Marketing Analytics. If you decide you want to continue on and earn your master’s, you can apply the credits you’ve already earned. Learn more about graduate certificates.
FAQs for the MS in Marketing
Will I get real-world marketing research experience?
I want to pursue an MS in marketing after I finish my BS in marketing. How will the MS program differ from my undergraduate degree?
Have other questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 303-871-3416.
Connect with a Student
Our graduate student ambassadors are happy to share their personal experiences about Daniels and Denver with you. Feel free to email an ambassador with your questions or to arrange a time to come to the beautiful University of Denver campus and meet them.