Beyond Diversity—Committed to Inclusive Excellence
Diversity challenges assumptions, offers fresh perspectives and teaches us to transcend differences to find solutions. Supporting a diverse community to achieve inclusive excellence is a priority at the Daniels College of Business. We work to value, engage and include our rich diversity of students, staff, faculty, administrators, and alumni constituents.
Daniels is committed to being a community in which members and visitors feel safe and valued and can share all of who they are; engage in the free exchange of ideas; and do so in an environment characterized by openness, honesty, trust and respect.- Daniels Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee
Diversity and inclusivity are not just buzzwords at Daniels and the University of Denver (DU). We actively encourage inclusivity in the classroom and on campus through student groups, professional organizations and events.
- Daniels Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee: A group of faculty, staff and students from DU who evaluate and further the efforts of inclusivity and diversity through awareness and educational programming at Daniels. Email the DEI committee.
- Inclusive Excellence Business Case Competition: Students research and propose solutions to participating companies’ real-world problems regarding diversity. Students in all disciplines at the university make up each team, and each team must be comprised of a diverse set of students. This is one of the country’s few business case competitions focused on the topic.
- Student groups: Students participate in a myriad of clubs and organizations focusing on diversity and inclusivity issues.
- Professional and community organizations: Faculty, students and staff can extend their network with organizations dedicated to the advancement of diverse business groups.
- Alumni affinity groups: Stay connected to fellow alumni with similar interests or a unifying purpose.
- International programs: Study abroad with DU’s top-ranked undergraduate and graduate international academic and internship programs.
- Center for Multicultural Excellence: Get involved with students, faculty, staff and alumni working to ensure that the University achieves excellence through diversity.
- Voices of Discovery: Share experiences with small groups of students with diverse backgrounds to foster better understanding and a sense of community.