Fall quarter (September)
Spring quarter (March)
As little as 12 months
The program is taught using Python and Microsoft SQL Server. Students also use Excel, R and a dedicated Hadoop cluster.
This is a STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) degree according to the Department of Homeland Security. With this designation, F-1 international students may apply for a 24-month extension for Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Options to combine MSBA with another master’s degree or earn an MBA with a concentration in business analytics.
Stephanie Gerber, MS 2018
Data Analyst, Nordstrom Card Services
Ever since an internship early in her career, Stephanie knew that she was fascinated by analytics. She chose Daniels’ program because it would teach her more than information management—it would teach her to use data to drive decisions.
Companies That Hired Recent Graduates
tuition:Base tuition (2021-2022): $67,050Typical scholarship range (% of tuition): 10-70%*
* Scholarships are based on academic record, testing and employment credentials, and are not guaranteed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.223.7503 for more information.
Business analytics is built on three equal pillars—information management, statistical and analytic modeling, and business decision making—and the MS in Business Analytics provides a balanced education in all three. As an MS graduate, you’ll be prepared to use data to advise organizations and drive decisions. We will challenge you to make sure you ask the right questions.
We also offer a unique experiential component through our Capstone Program, where all of our students perform individual, real-time analytic consulting with live data and current business challenges with a Capstone Partner from our network of over 250 organizations.
Students have access to the most advanced tools in analytics through Daniel’s partnerships with IBM/SPSS, Tableau, Microsoft and other leading technology vendors. We stay ahead of the curve by using the top technologies to solve complex analytic problems.
The Master of Science in Management welcomes applicants from all professional backgrounds and academic disciplines. Join students who come to Daniels from across the U.S. and around the world for a rigorous business education.
Admission to the program is test-optional. This means that applicants are not required to submit GMAT or GRE test scores for admissions consideration, but they should consider whether taking one of these exams and submitting test scores will support their individual candidacies.
Courses & Electives
The Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a 58-credit program that can be completed in as little as 12 months, or you can earn your degree part time with a more flexible schedule.
The program consists of core courses in statistics, data management and mining, and business analytics. It culminates with a capstone project that gives students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills they learned to a real-world problem submitted by a business partner.
MS Business Analytics Courses
- INFO 4000 Introduction to Business | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4100 Business Intelligence | 4 Credit Hour
- INFO 4140 Business Databases | 4 Credit Hour
- INFO 4120 Python | 4 Credit Hours
- STAT 4610 Business Statistics | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4590 Optimization | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4200 Capstone Planning | 2 Credit Hours
- INFO 4240 Data Warehousing | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4260 Data Management Platforms | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4280 Project Management | 2 Credit Hours
- INFO 4300 Predictive Analytics | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4340 Data Mining & Visualization | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4360 Complex Data Analytics | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4380 Decision Processes | 2 Credit Hours
- INFO 4390 Advanced Predictive Modeling in R | 4 Credit Hours
- INFO 4400 Capstone | 4 Credit Hours
Elective Courses 8 hours of Electives – Choose from the following: Graduate concentration courses from one of the following areas: Accounting, Management, Finance, Marketing, Real Estate and Construction Management, or other business, technology and statistics related courses from other disciplines outside the business school. INFO Electives
- INFO 4520 Health Informatics | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 47XX Automated Data Analytics (VB and VBA)
- INFO 47XX Automated Data Analytics (SAS and R)
- Any other INFO 4XXX course based on instructor offerings
Concentrations & Dual Degrees
We offer unique opportunities for MSBA students to simultaneously earn two master-level degrees or to pursue an MBA with a concentration in business analytics. With the guidance and approval of a program manager, you can also customize your degree to your career interests and goals.
For more information about any of these options, please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Learning at Daniels gets you out of the classroom and into the field interacting with business leaders, solving real business problems and using your business skills when the stakes are real. You’ll emerge from Daniels business sharp, field tested and ready to lead—adaptable to new situations and well-versed in both big-picture strategic thinking and cross-functional intricacies.
GAIN REAL–WORLD EXPERIENCE
- Business Analytics Capstone Program: Students work individually with a Capstone Partner from our network of over 250 organizations, guided by an individual faculty advisor, to solve a current business problem with live data. Students showcase their talents in their final quarters in Capstone Briefings to our partners, faculty, and their peers.
- Voices of Experience: Dynamic presentations and discussions from executive business leaders on the challenges and opportunities in today’s business world.
- Executive and Alumni Mentoring: Gain insight from an executive and/or alumni mentor in your field of interest.
COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST
- Race & Case: Daniels’ signature event that combines an ethics case competition with a ski race.
- Inclusive Excellence Business Case Competition: Daniels is proud to host one of the country’s few business case competitions focused on diversity. Students tackle a current issue around inclusive excellence, which is a strategic imperative for a participating company.
- Cable Apprentice Challenge: This unique combination of education and networking with the best and the brightest in the business is a challenge to develop research and analysis tactics to help Comcast Colorado.
- Association for Corporate Growth Case Competition: A regional business school case competition. The ACG Cup is a case-study competition designed to give students from leading MBA programs invaluable insights into mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, financial advisory and private equity.
- Aspen Institute’s Business & Society International MBA Case Competition: More than 1,000 students from 25 business schools tackle a new case study, authored by the Yale School of Management, requiring innovative thinking at the intersection of corporate profitability and positive social and environmental impacts. You will step into a real-life, time-sensitive scenario demanding integrative decision making—not unlike the challenges that you and your teammates will face as the next generation of business leadership.
- Analytics Challenge: Students, bring your classroom knowledge into the real world by applying critical thinking and innovative practices to assist decision makers by offering solutions to a practical, current Data Analytics Problems. Teams will submit their graphic and a brief description of their work and can work individually or in teams of up to four members.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RESOURCES
- Our International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) department works closely with our graduate students to help make the most of their Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) time.
- The MSBA is STEM-designated, making it possible for your OPT to extend up to 29 months.
- We offer flexibility in our MSBA program that can enable you to maximize your stay in the U.S.
Connect With A Student