A Master’s in Business Analytics
Transforming Data Into Action
The Daniels College of Business has one of the only Business Analytics programs that balances the three pillars of business analytics: information management, statistical and analytic modeling, and business decision making. Be prepared to advise your company through evidence-driven decision making. We will challenge you to make sure you are asking the right questions.
Students have access to the most advanced tools in analytics through Daniel’s partnerships with IBM/SPSS, Tableau, Microsoft and other leading technology vendors. We stay ahead of the curve by using the top technologies to solve complex, statistical problems.
Class of 2016 Career Statistics
3 Months Out - Accepted Job Offer
6 Months Out - Accepted Job Offer
Courses & Electives
The Master’s of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a 58-credit program that can be completed in as little as 12 months, or you can earn your degree part time with a more flexible schedule.
The program consists of core business analytics courses, business ethics and courses from each of the primary disciplines of statistics, marketing and information technology, plus an elective from one of these disciplines. The final is a practicum related to any one or a combination of the business intelligence disciplines.
MS Business Analytics Courses
- INFO 4100 Business Intelligence | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4140 Business Databases | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4120 Python for Business Analytics»
- STAT 4610 Business Statistics | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4590 Optimization | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4200 Capstone Planning | 2 Credit Hours
- INFO 4240 Data Warehousing | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4280 Project Management | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4300 Predictive Analytics | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4340 Data Mining & Visualization | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4360 Complex Data Analytics | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4380 Decision Processes | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 4400 Capstone | 4 Credit Hours
8 hours of Electives – Choose from the following:
Graduate concentration courses from one of the following areas:
Accounting, Management, Finance, Marketing, Real Estate and Construction Management, or other business, technology and statistics related courses from other disciplines outside the business school.
- INFO 4520 Health Informatics | 4 Credit Hours»
- INFO 47XX Automated Data Analytics (VB and VBA)
- INFO 47XX Automated Data Analytics (SAS and R)
- Any other INFO 4XXX course based on instructor offerings
Concentrations & Dual Degrees
The Department of Business Information and Analytics offers unique opportunities for MSBA students to simultaneously earn two master-level degrees or to pursue an MBA with an information technology concentration. With the guidance and approval of a program manager, you can also customize your degree to your career interests and goals.
For more information about any of these options, please contact a graduate admissions manager.
Learning at Daniels gets you out of the classroom and into the field interacting with business leaders, solving real business problems and using your business skills when the stakes are real. You’ll emerge from Daniels business sharp, field tested and ready to lead—adaptable to new situations and well-versed in both big-picture strategic thinking and cross-functional intricacies.
GAIN REAL–WORLD EXPERIENCE
- Global Opportunities (GO) Program: Students travel abroad to tackle a real-world project for a partner organization. Many projects focus on sustainable development issues; how to balance profit and growth with social, cultural and environmental implications. Fulfills the Enterprise Solutions requirement.
- Voices of Experience: Dynamic presentations and discussions from executive business leaders on the challenges and opportunities in today’s business world.
- Executive and Alumni Mentoring: Gain insight from an executive and/or alumni mentor in your field of interest.
COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST
- Race & Case: Daniels’ signature event that combines an ethics case competition with a ski race. Daniels is proud to host one of the country’s few business case competitions focused on diversity. Students tackle a current issue around inclusive excellence, which is a strategic imperative for a participating company.
- Inclusive Excellence Business Case Competition: Daniels is proud to host one of the country’s few business case competitions focused on diversity. Students tackle a current issue around inclusive excellence, which is a strategic imperative for a participating company.
- Cable Apprentice Challenge: This unique combination of education and networking with the best and the brightest in the business is a challenge to develop research and analysis tactics to help Comcast Colorado.
- Association for Corporate Growth Case Competition: A regional business school case competition. The ACG Cup is a case-study competition designed to give students from leading MBA programs invaluable insights into mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, financial advisory and private equity.
- Aspen Institute’s Business & Society International MBA Case Competition: More than 1,000 students from 25 business schools tackle a new case study, authored by the Yale School of Management, requiring innovative thinking at the intersection of corporate profitability and positive social and environmental impacts. You will step into a real-life, time-sensitive scenario demanding integrative decision making—not unlike the challenges that you and your teammates will face as the next generation of business leadership.
- Analytics Challenge: Students, bring your classroom knowledge into the real world by applying critical thinking and innovative practices to assist decision makers by offering solutions to a practical, current Data Analytics Problems. Teams will submit their graphic and a brief description of their work and can work individually or in teams of up to four members.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT RESOURCES
- Our International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) department works closely with our graduate students to help make the most of their Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Curricular Practical Training (CPT) time.
- The MSBA is STEM-designated, making it possible for your OPT to extend up to 29 months.
- We offer flexibility in our MSBA program that can enable you to maximize your stay in the U.S.