Learn critical business skills and take on the complex, evolving issues leaders face in today’s business environment, all in a cohort of your peers and a program designed for executive learners.
Experiential learning through a two-week immersive international trip and our Team Sailing Challenge
Learning in person in a diverse, tightknit cohort of established leaders
Curriculum that’s tuned to meet the needs of leaders in 2023 and beyond
Exceptional faculty that blends academic expertise and real-world practice
Executive MBA Program Snapshot
10-week quarters, divided into 5-week blocks
Spring quarter (March)
At least 10 years of work and management experience required
No. 10 EMBA program in the world (CEO Magazine)
Best Executive MBA Program (ColoradoBiz Best of Colorado Business Choice Awards)
Program Director, Executive MBA
Nicole is your main point of contact for any questions you may have on the Executive MBA. Feel free to reach out to her anytime.
I toured multiple MBA programs, and Daniels’ in-person learning environment and alumni connections really impressed me. I also liked the variety of courses offered along with the sailing trip experience.
Remy McTighe Fromm
I chose Daniels because of the rich tradition that focuses on ethical leadership, in class instruction and the tight cohort relationship that increases skill sets from a variety of backgrounds. I felt it important to be in-person and can connect with the University of Denver campus as a part of a graduate program weekly vs. only being on campus 4-6 times a year. The one thing that I took away from the staff at Daniels was the personal connection I made with professors and administrators that sets this program apart from others.
Executive MBA Program Tuition
Fixed tuition (2023-2024): $99,588 (incl. books, meals and travel) | Scholarships available*
* Scholarships are based on academic record, testing and employment credentials, and are not guaranteed. Contact email@example.com or 303-871-3416 for more information.
Why Earn Your Executive MBA?
The Executive MBA is specifically tailored to the strengths and needs of professionals with 10–20+ years of experience. It provides an integrated perspective that will challenge your thinking and empower you to take the next step in your career, whether that’s starting your own venture, pivoting to a new industry or moving to a position of greater responsibility.
In the EMBA program you’ll focus on the complex issues that are most critical to senior leaders—corporate strategy, global management, mobilizing large organizations and teams, leading large-scale change, confronting difficult ethical decisions and balancing the needs of diverse stakeholders. You’ll apply world-class theory to real-world challenges.
And all of this is wrapped into a deep examination of who you are as a leader, how you bring your authentic self to the role, and how you plan to grow your skills on top of this strong foundation.
— Amanda Rebol, EMBA 2021
hallmark sailing experience. >
Why the Daniels College of Business?
- Ethics and social impact: The Daniels mission centers on business creating good in the world. In the EMBA program, you’ll focus on ethical decision making, your values as a leader and the impact that your business enterprise makes on the broader world.
- The curriculum: Our curriculum is newly revised to be current and pointed forward. You’ll examine the issues that are confronting leaders today. The EMBA curriculum is dynamic (changing as necessary to meet the topic of the day) and customizable with a variety of short electives.
- Experiential learning: You’ll learn by taking on real-world challenges, with in-class projects built on the issues you’re facing in the workplace now. You’ll take part in our Sail Challenge in San Diego, which highlights how quickly a team can move from rank beginners to solidly competent in a new complex task under pressure and stress. And you’ll travel abroad through our Global Challenge—focused on emerging markets and developing economies—which will stretch the limits of your comfort zone.
- The cohort: Your experience is centered around your cohort, with the majority of your time spent with them. You’ll learn as much from them as you do from your professors. Everyone in the room is a seasoned executive, and the EMBA is structured to take advantage of that collective expertise. After graduation, this group will be the core of your powerful network of 4,000 EMBA alumni.
- The in-person connection: The Daniels EMBA is the only fully in-person Executive MBA in Colorado.
- Our faculty: Our faculty are immersed in the industries they teach, and they specialize in teaching executive students. They know how to tailor the learning experience to the needs of established professionals.
- Our focus on you and your growth: We focus on your skills as much as your knowledge. Beginning before you arrive with a series of personal and leadership assessments, augmented with coaching that begins with you, you’ll emerge from the program a different leader than when you entered.
- A structure that fits your schedule: Our part-time schedule—one day per week, alternating Fridays and Saturdays—means you can balance your learning with full-time work and family priorities.
Hear From Our Alumni
“The difference between me and my peers who don’t have an Executive MBA is that I have the tools required to anticipate challenges and strategically solve problems faster and better, giving me a big advantage in the rapidly changing world of business.”
— Brooke Cheishvili, EMBA 2020
“This is an incredibly supportive community, and we continue to go to bat for one another because we know what we’re each capable of. My cohort remain some of my strongest advocates, and some of my professors remain my most trusted advisors.”
— Ryan Hill, EMBA 2021
How to Apply to the Executive MBA
Qualified candidates for the Executive MBA must have at least 10 years of progressive work and management experience and can come from a wide range of industries and educational backgrounds.
See the Graduate Admissions page for deadlines and application requirements for all graduate programs. There are some additional guidelines for Executive MBA applicants:
- Applications received after the last listed deadline are evaluated equally, given space availability.
- Essay responses: Please disregard the essay word limit, and consider completing the third optional essay for priority consideration.
- Two professional recommendations are required. Once you start the online application, you’ll be able to enter email addresses for your chosen recommenders. Daniels will contact them with further instructions.
GMAT or GRE scores are optional. If you determine that your application will be stronger with GMAT or GRE scores, please submit them when you apply.
All accepted students are automatically considered for scholarships. No additional application is needed.
Executive MBA Program FAQs
What is an Executive MBA?
Can I still apply after the deadline?
Is the Professional MBA or Executive MBA a better fit for me?
The Part-time Professional MBA is designed to serve early- to mid-level-career professionals who want to advance to managerial or senior-level positions. Professional MBA candidates average 5 years of work experience.
In the Executive MBA program, students who are advanced in their careers can learn with and from other senior-level professionals in order to benefit their companies and/or advance to C-level positions as a next step in their careers. Executive MBA candidates have 10+ years of work experience on average, with 5+ years in managerial positions.
We recommend setting up an admissions consultation to determine the right fit for you. You can also schedule a visit to one of our classes so you can meet current students, experience the classroom environment and make a more informed decision before applying. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation or visit.
Have other questions? Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or 303-871-3416.
DANIELS COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AT UNIVERSITY OF DENVER
2101 S. University Blvd., Denver, CO 80208-8921
Undergraduate Admission: +1 303.871.2036
Graduate Admission: +1 303.871.3416