Building a Data Driven Organization
This course focuses on the fundamentals of data analysis and its application to business. Big Data is powerful and plentiful. But first you need to be able to understand and analyze the large volume and variety of data that is coming into your business on a daily basis. Then you need to be able to apply that data optimization to the decision making process in order to put it into practical use.
In this workshop, you will learn hands on skills to leverage the power of data analytics into creating more value for your company.
October 4 – 6, 2017
With the right toolset and understanding, you can embrace this dramatic business culture shift, and maximizing relevance and valuable insight for your organization. In this three-day course, you will:
- Learn data management and data mining methodologies
- Understand modeling tools and best practices—statistical, regression, optimization and simulation
- Acquire the fundamentals of good data structures
- Become proactive in understanding and maximizing your business data
- Discover hidden relationships in structured and unstructured data
- Collect, shape and model the data with data visualization
Philip Beaver has been a Professor of Practice at Daniels since 2010. Beaver served on the Joint and Army Staffs at the Pentagon as branch chief and senior analyst. He was an associate professor of applied mathematics at the U.S. Military Academy and served in the Army from 1983 to 2008.
• PhD, Applied Mathematics, Naval Postgraduate School MS, National Resourcing Strategy,
• Industrial College of the Armed Forces u MS, Applied Mathematics, Naval Postgraduate School
Amy Phillips is a Teaching Associate Professor on information technology and electronic commerce for the Daniels College of Business. When working with the media, Phillips offers comprehensive knowledge of management information systems. She is the author of the leading • MIS textbook in the world, Business- Driven Information Systems, now in its second edition. • MEd, Educational Technology, Plymouth State College, New Hampshire BS, Honors, Botany, Plymouth State College, New Hampshire
Who Should Attend
20% discount available for DU Alumni, Daniels Corporate Partners, and 3 or more individuals from the same organization—$1,200
30% discount available for Non-profits, Current or Former Military, Government—$1,050
2 Graduate Level Credits—$2,640
20% discount available for Daniels Alumni—$2,112