Biography at a Glance
With 35 years of real estate industry experience, including 26 years of research, Glenn Mueller is a professor for the Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management at Denver University, one of the oldest and largest programs in the country.
Mueller’s research experience includes real estate market-cycle analysis, real estate securities analysis, real estate capital markets, portfolio and diversification analysis, seniors housing analysis, and both public and private market-investment strategies. He is also the real estate investment strategist at Dividend Capital Group, where he provides real estate market-cycle research and investment strategy for Dividend Capital’s Real Estate Securities, Private Real Estate Investment, Private REIT and Real Estate Debt groups. He is also the co-editor of the Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management.
Educated REIT Investing: The Ultimate Guide to Understanding and Investing in Real Estate Investment Trusts: Krewson-Kelly, Stephanie and Mueller, Glenn R., PhD. John Wiley & Sons, 2021.
- PhD, Real Estate and Finance, Georgia State University, 1990
- MBA, Babson College, 1975
- BSBA, Finance, University of Denver, 1974
Awards and Honors
- Awarded Richard Ratcliff Award by the American Real Estate Society (ARES) based on his groundbreaking research on real estate market cycles, 2010
- Awarded the Red Pen Award for editorial work on the Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management
- Ernst & Young Visiting Professor at the European Business School
- Visiting Professor at Harvard University 2002 to Current
- Graaskamp Award for Research Leadership from the American Real Estate Society in 2004
- Graaskamp Award for Research Excellence from the Pension Real Estate Association in 2001