Biography at a Glance
Cynthia Fukami is the Associate Chair of the Department of Management at the Daniels College of Business. From 2000 to 2002, she was the Evelyn and Jay G. Piccinati Professor for Teaching Excellence at the College and chaired the Department of Management from 1991 to 1995. Fukami joined the University faculty as assistant professor in 1983. After receiving her PhD from Northwestern University in 1978, she was named assistant professor of organizations for the State University of New York at Buffalo.
- PhD, Major: Organization Behavior, Minor: Industrial Relations, Northwestern University
- MA, Major: Organizational Behavior, Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations, University of Illinois
- BA, Major: Personnel Psychology, Minor: Sociology and Political Science, University of Illinois
Professional Academic Activities
- Co-edited the Handbook of Managerial Learning, Education and Development, with Steven Armstrong, published by Sage UK, 2009.
- Serves on the board of directors for the Rocky Mountain Human Resource Planning Society.
- Fellow of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
Courses Taught at Daniels
- Organizational Dynamics
- Human Resource Management
- Performance and Reward Systems
- Power and Influence
- The Essence of Enterprise
Awards and Honors
- Recipient, C. Thomas Howard Endowed Teacher Scholar Award, Daniels College of Business, 2012.
- Recipient, Scholarship of Teaching Award, Daniels College of Business, 2007.
- Best symposium, Management Education and Development Division, Academy of Management, 2007.
- Recipient, John D. Hershner Award in recognition of dedication to and support of the competitive, free enterprise economic system, Daniels College of Business, September, 2006.