Biography at a Glance
Dr. Cynthia V. Fukami is a professor in the Department of Management at the Daniels College of Business, University of Denver. Cindi has published over 60 articles on a variety of topics in the management field and has conducted research and executive training sessions on many management issues, including power and influence, negotiation, leading change, motivation, employee identity, competing loyalties, and gender in the workplace.
- PhD, Major: Organization Behavior, Minor: Industrial Relations, Northwestern University
- MA, Major: Organizational Behavior, Institute of Labor & Industrial Relations, University of Illinois
- BA, Major: Personnel Psychology, Minor: Sociology and Political Science, University of Illinois
Professional Academic Activities
- Co-edited the Handbook of Managerial Learning, Education and Development, with Steven Armstrong, published by Sage UK, 2009.
- Fellow of the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Associate Editor, Journal of Management Education
- Editorial Board Member, Academy of Management Learning and Education
Courses Taught at Daniels
- Organizational Behavior
- Talent Management
- Executive Leadership
- Artificial Intelligence
- Future of Work
Awards and Honors
- Recipient, Susan Herman Service Award, Management & Organizational Behavior Teaching Society, 2019.
- Faculty Career Champion, University of Denver, 2017
- Recipient, Daniels Award for Excellence (Faculty), 2016
- Recipient, C. Thomas Howard Endowed Teacher Scholar Award, Daniels College of Business, 2012.
- Recipient, Scholarship of Teaching Award, Daniels College of Business, 2007.
- Best symposium, Management Education and Development Division, Academy of Management, 2007.
- Recipient, John D. Hershner Award in recognition of dedication to and support of the competitive, free enterprise economic system, Daniels College of Business, September, 2006.