Biography at a Glance
Kerry Mitchell is an assistant teaching professor in Management at the Daniels College of Business. Kerry is passionate about empowering individuals and organizations to reach their fullest potential. She has spent more than 25 years partnering with nonprofits, government and Fortune 500 organizations to make engaging workplaces. Her leadership roles have included business owner and advisory board member. Her consulting clients include Charles Schwab, AARP and the City and County of Denver, with a focus on employee engagement. She has been a keynote speaker on generational communication for organizations such as Charles Schwab, City of Grand Junction and AWHONN (Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses).
In addition to running her own business, Kerry has taught communication and leadership for more than 16 years in classroom, online and hybrid courses. As a faculty member at the University of Denver, she teaches BUS3000, which combines her love of management and communications. She is the co-author of several journal articles and presents at many conferences. She has served as a reviewer for journals, conferences and books for Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc. As a scholar-practitioner, she researches employee empowerment, generational differences and women’s leadership.
Additionally, she serves on advisory boards and volunteers with many nonprofits, focusing on literacy. She has most recently worked with Jesuit Worldwide Learning to provide tertiary education to adult students living at the margins in a variety of locations. These locations include Kenya, Malawi, Jordan, Myanmar, Afghanistan, Rwanda and Brooklyn.
- PhD, Human and Organizational Systems, Fielding Graduate University’
- MA, Human and Organizational Systems, Fielding Graduate University
- MSS, Applied Communication, University of Denver
- BA, Major: Speech Communication, Minor: Organizational Communication, Metropolitan State College of Denver
Academic Positions Held
- Lead Faculty, Communication, Regis University
- Affiliate Faculty, Management, Anderson College of Business, Regis University
- Adjunct Faculty, Organizational Leadership, University of Central Oklahoma
- Adjunct Faculty, Communication, Metropolitan State College of Denver
Courses Taught at Daniels
BUS3000: Strategic Business Communication
- SHRM – SCP (Senior Certified Professional)
- Myers-Briggs (MBTI) Qualified, CAPT
- Mediation Certification, Bear Wolf Consulting and Mediation Services, Inc.
- Quality Action Teams Facilitation Certification, Organizational Dynamics, Inc.
Kerry lives in Colorado with her husband and enjoys traveling, laughing and exploring new ideas and places. She also enjoys working with the community in various volunteer roles.