Christine Kuglin has over 25 years of tax and accounting experience. She served as a university/NASA grant accountant, worked in accounting firms, and taught accounting and tax at colleges in Colorado and Washington. Before joining the University of Denver, she served as chair of the School of Professional Accounting at Eastern Washington University.
In 2019, she and her law school colleague won the national American Bar Association Tax championship for their analysis of novel tax issues. In 2020, she was appointed by the Washington State Bar Association to serve on the statewide Pro Bono and Public Service Committee. She also serves as the Paper Chair for the Western Region of the American Accounting Association.
Christine holds bachelor and master’s degrees in Accounting, a Juris Doctorate with an emphasis in Corporate and Commercial Law, and a Master of Laws in Taxation. She is an Enrolled Agent, a licensed attorney in Washington and Colorado, a Licensed CPA in Washington, and a Certified Fraud Examiner. Currently, she is as director, Truth in Accounting at the Daniels College of Business and an adjunct professor at the Sturm College of Law.
- LLM in Taxation, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2019
- JD (Corporate/Commercial Law), University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2018
- MPAcc, Metropolitan State University of Denver, 2012
- BS, Regis University, 2010
- AAS. Arapahoe Community College, 1997
Academic Positions Held
- Director, Truth in Accounting, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver (July 2022 – Present)
- Chair/Assistant Professor, School of Professional Accounting, Eastern Washington University (August 2019 – July 2022)
- Affiliate Professor, Sturm College of Law University of Denver (January 2021 – Present)
- Professional in Residence, Accounting Instructor, Metropolitan State University of Denver (August 2013 – December 2016)
- Affiliate Professor, Arapahoe Community College (January 2013 – August 2013)
- Affiliate Professor, Community College of Denver (January 2013 – August 2013)
Awards and Honors
- 2022: Teacher Mentor Award Eastern Washington University
- 2019: National LLM Tax Champion, American Bar Association National Tax Competition Champion – Oral and Written presentation LLM Division of the ABA
- 2016: Best Teaching Paper International Small Business Institute: Developing and Embedding Student Skills for the Management of a Small Tax Firm: Evidence from a University-Level Experiential Learning Program
- 2016: Instructor of the Year Metropolitan State University of Denver as voted by the College of Business, the Faculty Senate, and the Student Honor Society