Plan Your Event
Office of Communications and Marketing
Who we are
The Daniels Events Team is part of a larger collective within the Office of Communication, Marketing, Graduate Admissions and Events. The events team handles both College and graduate admissions events.
The events team provides expertise on both simple and complex events and supports units with logistical planning. This allows you, as the planner and visionary, to focus on programming, stewarding guests and marketing strategies.
Use the form below to request:
- Event support and planning help from the Events team
- Posting your event to the Daniels events calendar
Areas of support from the Events team
- Registration and email build via Anthology
- Venue selection and booking
- Vendor contracting and negotiations
- VIP reception logistics
- A/V requests
- Facilities requests
- Parking requests and logistics
- Speaker and group travel arrangements
- Day of event coordination
- Event registration and check-in
- Assist event visionary with program remarks (a partnership between the communications and events team)
- Events produced by the college exemplify the Daniels and University of Denver brand and strategic vision.
- Events assist with the sharing of the Daniels brand hosting events that are beneficial to the recruitment and retention of prospective students.
- Daniel’s events are relevant, innovative and collaborative.
Anticipated results of the strategic priorities
- Carefully target a diverse audience at events
- Conversion of prospective students through the graduate admissions pipeline
- More in-depth conversations and programming that is relevant to the current market trends and topics.
Planning Your Event
Event Submission Process
The event vision and event needs should be well thought out before submitting the request.
We will do our best to accommodate event support requests. However, the events calendar fills quickly. It is recommended that you submit your event as soon as the idea arises even if the date is an estimation.
All events that require logistical planning and programming of events should be submitted at https://daniels.du.edu/ocm/plan-your-event/.
For events requiring marketing support from various aspects (web, design, social media, email marketing) and event support (room reservations, catering, contracts, etc.), the request should be submitted at least 12 weeks from the event start date.
If you’re planning your own event and need email and registration build ONLY, please submit your event 8 weeks prior to the event start date.
Please submit a request for event support as soon as an event comes to fruition and there is a tentative date in mind.
Event Calendar and Newsletter Submissions
If you’d like your event to be included in the Daniels Debrief and/or @Daniels (grad and undergrad) newsletter visit the newsletter submission form. The deadline for submissions is Thursday at noon for publication the following week.
All logistical details and content submitted to the Debrief and event calendar must be finalized before submitting the request. Any submissions submitted within less than a week of the event date may not be published.
Tier 1: Daniels College-wide Events (Annual)
- Academic Hood Presentation Ceremony (spring, summer, fall and winter)
- Race and Case Competition (Internal and National) (winter quarter)
- Graduate Admissions Events
- GAO Meet and Greets (fall quarter)
- Graduate Admissions Happy Hour (winter quarter)
- Experience Daniels (spring quarter)
- Welcome Back Breakfast (fall quarter)
- Daniels Awards for Excellence (spring quarter)
- Inclusive Excellence Case Competition (spring quarter)
- Entrepreneurship Week (fall quarter)
Tier 2: Department Events
- Elevate Ethics (spring or winter quarter)
- Analytics Breakfast (quarterly)
- Additional event inquiries from Daniels programs, which may include external clients hosted by departments
Organizing your own event
If you’re hosting an event that doesn’t require Events Team support:
Reserving a room
If you’re a student, faculty or staff within the Daniels College of Business or a DU-affiliated organization/unit requesting a meeting room, please request space using 25Live. If you’re not familiar with 25Live, use these detailed directions.
If you want to host an event in the Joy Burns Center, please contact Kristen DuFour.
Individuals or organizations outside DU must reach out to DU Conference and Event services for event assistance, unless your group is being hosted and all reservation expenses are being covered by a Daniels department or academic unit. In this case, your host should make reservations on your behalf.
Resources for self-planning events