Executive PHD in Business
How to Apply
Applying to the Executive PhD is a multi-step process, starting with a written application. Finalists selected from among the applicants will be invited to a hands-on research workshop here in Denver, on campus in late spring and early summer. The final requirement is a proposal due two weeks after the finalist workshop.
WRITTEN APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Personal essay demonstrating a solid rationale and passion for pursuing a PhD in business
- Statement about how the degree will fit into your current employment situation given the rigorous nature of the program, and how it will prepare you for your future career aspirations or your personal goals
- Current and complete résumé/curriculum vitae
- Optional GMAT score: While a score is not required for admission, you’re welcome to provide a score if you’ve taken the exam in the recent past.
- Two to three recommendation letters. We strongly encourage that one letter be from your current employer expressing support for you pursuing the program.
Daniels Executive PhD will have two application cycles for the fall 2024 start.
(Classes start in early September)
Finalists Workshop And Proposal
Finalists will be invited to campus for a research workshop. The research workshop is a full-day, realistic preview of the PhD program.
Students will learn to read, digest, and put to use the extant literature in developing research projects for solving pressing business issues. Applicants will have the opportunity to interact with multiple Daniels faculty, listen to research talks, and learn how faculty are putting research into action to solve some of the world’s most pressing organizational issues.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will work with a Daniels professor to develop a framework for a research proposal. Over the next two weeks, each participant will be required to complete the full research proposal as the last hurdle for admission to the Daniels PhD program.