Dr. Maclyn L. Clouse is a professor of finance at the Reiman School of Finance, in the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver. The Reiman School is the premier school of financial management education in the Rocky Mountain Region, and its program provides a strong foundation in financial theory as well as practical application.
Clouse’s primary areas of teaching are corporate finance, microfinance, and investment banking. For 30 years, he taught the Finance courses in the Executive MBA program. In addition to his traditional graduate and undergraduate Finance classes, twice a year, he takes students to New York for the Organized Walk Down Wall Street course, which was first offered in 1991.In June of 2016 and 2017, he took students to Brussels and London for a Financial Capitals of the World class.
He has also developed and presented customized financial management seminars for corporations such as US WEST, the Manville Corporation, Contel-IPC, Diner’s Club, Coast RV, Northern Indiana Public Service Company, Toshiba, Kaiser Permanente, Vail Associates, New Century Energies, OMI Inc., Galileo, Intrado, Cenveo, and First Data Corporation.
On many occasions, Clouse has been certified as an expert witness in court cases involving the valuation of businesses, small business management, and economic loss determination. Over three different time periods, he served Finance Department Chair/ Reiman School Director for a total of 25 years. He has a BA in Economics and Mathematics from Willamette University and an MBA in Operations and Systems Analysis as well as a PhD in Finance from the University of Washington.
- PhD, Finance, University of Washington
- MBA, Operations and Systems Analysis, University of Washington
- BA, Mathematics and Economics, Willamette University
Academic Leadership Positions Held
- Director, Reiman School of Finance, Daniels College of Business
- Department Chair, Department of Finance, Daniels College of Business
- Department Chair, Department of Finance and Statistics and Operations Research, College of Business
- Director, Small Business Administration Small Business Institute, College of Business
Academic Positions Held
- Professor, Reiman School of Finance, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver
- Associate Professor, Department of Finance, College of Business, University of Denver
- Assistant Professor, Department of Finance, College of Business, University of Denver
- Instructor, Department of Business Administration and Economics, Seattle Pacific University