Be Market-Ready as an outstanding decision maker
The Department of Business Ethics and Legal Studies provides essential coursework in nearly every degree program offered at the Daniels College of Business.
Find solutions to both the variety of ethical and legal conundrums that you will face in the business world. BELS proudly leads some of the most innovative, timely and important co-curricular initiatives at Daniels.
Learn From the Experts
Learn from our experts how to:
- Optimize the form, operation and governance of your business to account for control, capital accumulation, liability, tax and exit considerations.
- Develop an effective business strategy that accounts for the legal, political, regulatory and social environments in which business operates.
- Apply proven decision-making frameworks to resolve ethical dilemmas and avoid ethical blind-spots.
- Understand and negotiate enforceable business contracts with employees, suppliers, distributors, customers, investors and creditors.
- Secure competitive advantage to protect your work product, brand, inventions and methods through the effective use of intellectual property law.
Undergraduate Minor in Legal Studies
This minor will provide students with knowledge of the legal and regulatory climate for jobs in human resources, marketing, purchasing and environmental affairs while considering the importance of ethics in business decisions.