Biography at a Glance
Scott McLagan is a clinical professor in the Management Department at the University of Denver at the Daniels College of Business. He teaches and consults in the areas of leadership, strategic planning and execution, marketing, and global business. He is the co-lead for both the Leadership and Global Business elements of DU’s highly acclaimed Executive MBA program. McLagan has also developed and delivered numerous customized executive leadership programs for companies such as Newmont Mining, Kaiser Permanente, CenturyLink, Starz and Denver Health.
Prior to joining Daniels, McLagan spent more than 27 years in the industry and has a diverse professional background. He held senior executive roles with two large global companies (Emerson Electric, Monsanto) and a high-tech startup. He has functional experience in general management, strategic planning, marketing, engineering and sales management. McLagan has extensive global experience, having lived in Singapore for 5 years and been actively involved in business and education throughout the world.
Academic Professional Activities
- President, Board of Directors, Denver Children’s Home
- Faculty Lead, EMBA Program Redesign, Executive Leadership and Global Business
- Faculty Lead, Custom Executive Leadership Programs for Newmont Mining, Kaiser Permanente, Denver Health and Centura Health
- Faculty Lead, GO Programs to Ghana, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Africa and Peru
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado at Boulder
- BS, Finance, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Advanced Management Program, International Business, INSEAD, Fontainbleau, France
- Leaders of the 21st Century, Aspen Institute