Biography at a Glance
Ryan Elmore is an assistant professor in the Department of Business Information and Analytics, Daniels College of Business. Prior to Daniels, he worked as a senior scientist in the Computational Sciences Center at the National Renewable Energy Lab in Golden, Colorado. He has also held positions at the Australian National University, Colorado State University and Slide, Inc.
Elmore’s research interests include statistics in sports, nonparametric statistical methods, and energy efficient high-performance computing. His work in sports statistics has led to the position of Associate Editor for the Journal of Quantitative Analysis of Sports (2015–present) and consultant to the Denver Nuggets professional basketball team.
- “Business Analytics Students ‘Play Ball’ With Pro Teams“
- Denver Fox 31/Ch 2 story on sports betting in Colorado
- “Loss aversion therapy explains why golfers play better on ‘harder’ holes“—The Telegraph
- “How hard a golf hole is does not depend solely on how hard it is“—The Economist
- “Avoiding loss aversion: How managing expectations can bring better ‘parformance’ to the fore”—Smart Company
- Super Bowl Gambling Predictions—9 News