Mathias Gran discovered entrepreneurship near the end of his undergraduate experience and was immediately engaged by the complexity of holistically leading businesses. After winning a campus business plan competition in his final semester, he entered the business world and grew his small business to 13 employees in two cities. He then spent over a decade as a software developer and leader in Denver-area startups, three of which either were acquired or went public.
Most recently, Mathias has helped teams and leaders establish behaviors which foster great working environments, as well as support executives leading organizational transformation. His organization, Work With Feelings, provides consulting and coaching services to help leaders and teams engage with authenticity and trust to create gratifying, high-performing work experiences.
- MBA, The University of Iowa, Tippie College of Business
- Certificate of Entrepreneurship, The University of Iowa, John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies, The University of Iowa
Awards and Honors
- Best Master’s Student Teaching Assistant Award
- Tippie Elite Scholar Award