Biography at a Glance
James Griesemer directs the University of Denver Strategic Issues Program, a non-partisan public-policy program and is professor of management, where his focus is on strategy and public policy. He served as dean of the College from 1994 to 2004, a period of substantial enrollment and endowment growth, during which time the College received national ranking and constructed major new facilities. From 1990 to 1994, he served as the University of Denver’s chief financial officer, where he helped lead the financial turnaround of the University. Prior to joining the University, Griesemer had extensive public service experience as city manager of several cities across the U.S., including Aurora, Colorado. During his city management career, he was the recipient of national and regional awards, and while in Aurora, he was named Outstanding Public Administrator in Colorado.
- DPA, University of Colorado
- MA, Public Administration, Northern Illinois University
- BA, Political Science, Northern Illinois University
Academic Leadership Positions Held
- Director, Strategic Issues Program
- Dean, Daniels College of Business
Academic Professional Activities
- Author: two books, several monographs, numerous articles and op-eds in the areas of public policy and management.