Biography at a Glance
Corey Ciocchetti is a professor of Business Ethics and Legal Studies in the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver. He clerked for the Honorable John Kane in U.S. District Court in Colorado and founded and ran a small business providing sports programs to cities and parks and recreation districts before joining DU. Ciocchetti received the Charles Hewitt Master Teacher Award from the Academy of Legal Studies in Business, the Outstanding Professor of the Year Award from the University of Denver Alumni Association, the Scholarship of Teaching Award by the Daniels College of Business and the Scholarship of Discovery Award by the Daniels College of Business. In August 2010, Ciocchetti won the Holmes-Cardozo Award for top conference paper and also received the Distinguished Junior Faculty Member award by the Academy of Legal Studies in Business. His articles appear in his discipline’s top journals and have been downloaded more than 27,000 times. Ciocchetti has received the highest student evaluations of teaching in the Daniels College of Business eleven times since 2004 and over the past seven years, his student evaluations of teaching average a 5.9 out of 6.0.
- JD, Duke University School of Law
- MA, Religious Studies, University of Denver
- BSBA, Finance, University of Denver (summa cum laude)
- BA, Economics, University of Denver, (summa cum laude)
Awards & Honors
- Ethics Boot Camp Creator – recipient of a $22,000 Center for Teaching and Learning Grant and projected to become one of Daniels’ signature undergraduate programs.
- The Frontier of Affirmative Action: Employment Preferences & Diversity in the Private Workplace, 12 University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law 283 (2010). Winner of the Distinguished Proceedings Award for best conference paper at the Academy of Legal Studies in Business Annual Meeting (Denver, Colorado 2009).
- More than 300 invited keynote and breakout presentations over the past three years to colleges, professional groups, business executives and more.