Cheng Zhang, PhD, is an assistant professor of Finance at the Reiman School of Finance within the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver. Cheng earned her PhD in Finance from the London School of Economics and Political Science in 2017. She has previously taught at Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand. Cheng’s research interests include derivatives, financial reporting, information economics and empirical finance. Her research has been published in top scientific journals such as The Accounting Review and the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, and has been presented at conferences such as the AEA Annual Meeting, FARS Midyear Meeting and SFS Cavalcade Asia-Pacific.
- PhD (2017), Finance, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK
- MS (2011), Finance, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
- BS (2009), Financial Mathematics, Shandong University, China
Academic Positions Held
- Assistant Professor, University of Denver, 2023-present
- Assistant Professor, Victoria University of Wellington, 2016-2023