Biography at a Glance
Andy Sherbo has been a member of the University of Denver (DU) faculty since March 2006 when he started as an Adjunct Faculty member teaching classes in the Daniels College of Business. He has also instructed classes in the Master of Public Policy (MPP) program. Over the last twelve years at DU, he has have been Adjunct Faculty, Lecturer, Teaching Associate Professor, and is currently Teaching Professor.
His professional career in finance consists of 40 years in both the public and corporate sectors. Major responsibilities have included those of a Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary of the United States Air Force for Cost and Economics, Director of Cost Analysis, Director of Budget. He was also with Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), a Fortune 500® company, as Director of the Center for Cost and Financial Analysis and Director of the Center for Nonprofit Financial Management.
His academic background includes teaching some 230 classes at the undergraduate, masters, and doctorate levels for ten different colleges/universities.
He has been a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) since 1985 by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. He is also a Registered Investment Adviser with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
- PhD, Public Policy Analysis & Administration, (Fiscal Policy/Finance), Saint Louis University
- MPA, Master of Public Administration (Finance), University of Georgia
- BA, Public Administration. Drake University
Academic Professional Activities
- Revised Introductory Undergraduate DU Finance Course (FIN 2800) Summer 2009. New Syllabus implemented Autumn 2009.
- Tasked to Revise DU MBA Managerial Finance Course (FIN 4630) Summer 2010.
- Published Author to include National Tax Journal and Journal of Applied Business and Entrepreneurship.