Fall Academic Hood Ceremony
Congratulations graduates on your amazing accomplishment! We look forward to celebrating this moment with you and your families. This page is a resource for graduates, families and friends for important details regarding the 2019 Fall Academic Hood Ceremony.
The ceremony will be held on Friday, November 15, at 4:30 p.m. The location will be The Cable Center.
The Cable Center
The Cable Center
2000 Buchtel Blvd.
Denver, CO 80238
If you have not registered for the ceremony yet, please register online.
Graduates can register up to 8 guests. Tickets do not need to be purchased for family members to attend the ceremony.
Schedule of Events for Graduates
Graduates line up in The Cable Center (2000 Buchtel Blvd) inside Maloney Theater no later than 4 p.m.
The processional enters the Daniels Great Hall in The Cable Center promptly at 4:30 p.m. If you’re late, please notify one of the door monitors so they can seat you after the processional concludes.
- Graduates are seated by a staff volunteer. Please sit in your assigned place in line and don’t try to rearrange yourself to sit next to your friends, as this interrupts the flow and look of the ceremony.
- Welcome remarks
- Beta Gamma Sigma recognition
- Presentation of the hoods
- Code of honor
- Closing remarks
- Recessional back to Maloney Theater
- A reception for families and friends will take place in the Drendel Gardens just outside of The Cable Center. Family photos by a professional photographer will be available.
Dress Code: Formal Business Attire
- Men: Suit or jacket with dress slacks, a collared shirt, a tie and dress shoes
- Women: Skirt, dress or pant suit (dresses and skirts should be knee length or slightly above the knee) and dress shoes (pumps, wedges, dress flats, etc.)
- A cap and gown are not required to participate in the hood ceremony.
- A hood will be presented to you at the ceremony.
- We suggest you give any purses or bags to family members or carry something small during the ceremony.
Free parking for graduates is located directly in front of The Cable Center or in the parking structure next to The Cable Center. A parking attendant will greet you and direct you where to park.
- The ceremony will begin at 4:30 p.m. at The Cable Center.
- Tickets are NOT needed for admission.
- Doors will open 1 hour before the ceremony start time. Please note: anyone arriving earlier than 3:30 p.m. will be asked to wait outside of The Cable Center.
- Seating at The Cable Center is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ADA/accessible seating will be located on the outer perimeter of the guest seating areas.
- If you have questions or require special accommodations, contact email@example.com.
- Parking for guests will be located directly outside of The Cable Center, on the street (metered parking) or at the parking garage (free).
- Graduates and guests will be greeted by a parking attendant at The Cable Center roundabout. The attendant will hand out a parking pass to be placed on the car dashboard.
- This pass is required to park directly outside of The Cable Center or at the parking structure.
- For ADA and special accommodation parking please notify the parking attendant and they will direct you where to park. Guests also may be dropped off at the roundabout in front of The Cable Center.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED AT THE CABLE CENTER
- Oversized signs or banners (larger than 28” x 22”)
- Signage with a stick or pole attached
- Helium balloons
- Artificial noisemakers, air horns, whistles, etc.
- Glass bottles, containers, etc.
- Confetti, Frisbees, balls, projectiles
- Laser pointers or other disturbing items
- Derogatory/defamatory clothing or signage
- Illegal drugs or alcohol
- Firearms, weapons, explosives or other harmful items
- Hard-shell coolers, containers, thermoses, grills, tents
- Animals (except licensed service animals)
- Other items deemed prohibited by The Cable Center event staff