Spring Academic Hood Ceremony
Congratulations graduates on your amazing accomplishment! We look forward to celebrating this moment with you and your families. This page is a resource for graduates, families and friends for important details regarding the 2019 Spring Academic Hood Ceremony.
The ceremony will be held on Friday, June 14, from 9–11:30 a.m. The location will be Hamilton Gymnasium in the Ritchie Center.
The Ritchie Center
The Ritchie Center
2240 Buchtel Blvd.
Denver, CO 80210
If you have not registered for the ceremony yet, please register online.
Graduates can register up to 8 guests. Tickets do not need to be purchased for family members to attend the ceremony.
Schedule of Events for Graduates
Graduates line up in The Cable Center (2000 Buchtel Blvd) no later than 8:15 a.m.
The processional enters Hamilton Gymnasium (2240 Buchtel Boulevard) promptly at 9 a.m. If you’re late, please notify one of the door monitors so they can seat you after the processional concludes.
- Graduates are seated by their program line leader. Please sit in your assigned place in line and don’t try to rearrange yourself to sit next to your friends, as this interrupts the flow and look of the ceremony.
- Provost Jeremy Haefner, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Paul Olk and keynote speaker Monica Williams, EMBA 2013, will present their remarks.
- Beta Gamma Sigma recognition
- Presentation of the hoods
- Code of honor
- Closing remarks by Tim Hartwig, MBA 2001, vice chair of the Daniels Alumni Advisory Board
- Recessional to the west side of the Ritchie Center at the Barton Lacrosse Stadium
Dress Code: Formal Business Attire
- Men: Suit or jacket with dress slacks, a collared shirt, a tie and dress shoes
- Women: Skirt, dress or pant suit (dresses and skirts should be knee length or slightly above the knee) and dress shoes (pumps, wedges, dress flats, etc.)
- A cap and gown are not required to participate in the hood ceremony.
- A hood will be presented to you at the ceremony.
- The ceremony will begin at 9 a.m. in the Hamilton Gymnasium at the Ritchie Center.
- Tickets are NOT needed for admission.
- Doors will open 1 hour before the ceremony start time. Please note: anyone arriving earlier than 8 a.m. will be asked to wait outside of Hamilton Gymnasium.
- Guests are not allowed at The Cable Center during graduate line-up.
- Seating in Hamilton is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- ADA/accessible seating will be located on the lower level bleachers.
- If you have questions or require special accommodations, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.871.4058.
Free parking is available during the ceremony.
- ADA and special accommodation loading/unloading will be located at the Ritchie Center North roundabout just off Buchtel Boulevard.
- Parking for guests is in Lot C, Lot 103N and Lot 108.
- Lot 311 is reserved for ADA and special accommodation parking only. If you require ADA parking, please notify the parking attendant and they will direct you where to park.
THE CELEBRATION CONTINUES!
After the ceremony, we hope to see you at the Daniels College of Business Open House! Our faculty and staff within each academic unit will be hosting a reception for graduates, families and friends. Enjoy food and drinks, have professional photos taken, and take your own photos for fun!
The open house will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Daniels College of Business, 2101 S. University Blvd.
Parking can be found in any of the paid lots or meters located near the Daniels College of Business.
- The Pay stations are $2/hour or a maximum of $10 for the day. Payment must be made at the time of arrival, before attending the event.
- All pay meters accept credit cards. Most will also accept cash. Exact change must be used. The meters will not return change.
- You can pay for parking in the visitor lots from your smartphone using the Park Mobile App.
Visitor lots do not reserve parking spaces. Visitor lots are a first come, first served open parking option. Some visitor lots on campus have time limits for parking.
- Lot 304 is restricted to 4 hours.
- Lot 305 is restricted to 30 minutes.
- Lot 312 is restricted to 3 hours.
- Lot 315 is restricted to 1 hour.
- Lot 317 is restricted to 4 hours.
Free 1-hour street parking is available on the side streets around Daniels, and free unlimited parking can be found at Chamberlin Observatory Park east of the Daniels College of Business.
For special accommodations and ADA parking at Daniels, please contact email@example.com.
ADA and special accommodation loading/unloading is located on the east side of Daniels of off South University Blvd. (Please do not stay parked here or you will be towed.)
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED AT THE RITCHIE CENTER
- Outside food and drink
- Oversized signs or banners (larger than 28” x 22”)
- Signage with a stick or pole attached
- Helium balloons
- Artificial noisemakers, air horns, whistles, etc.
- Glass bottles, containers, etc.
- Confetti, Frisbees, balls, projectiles
- Laser pointers or other disturbing items
- Derogatory/ defamatory clothing or signage
- Illegal drugs or alcohol
- Firearms, weapons, explosives or other harmful items
- Hard-shell coolers, containers, thermoses, grills, tents
- Animals (except licensed service animals),
- Other items deemed prohibited by Ritchie Center staff