Personal. Purposeful. Prepared.
Our part-time Professional MBA Program is about innovation, forward thinking, meaningful impact, and an incredibly talented, diverse, collaborative community—your lifelong network.
The Daniels Professional MBA is a highly ranked part-time program that allows you to earn a robust MBA in 21 months while moving your current career forward. The program provides the opportunity to learn from and collaborate with other working professionals who want the same things as you do—to push themselves further.
Points of Pride for the Professional MBA
- Join a cohort program comprised of working professionals with great diversity in educational and professional backgrounds. The environment provides a rich learning experience, where you learn from your classmates as well as our brilliant faculty.
- Your cohort will become a closely connected network of both professional and personal relationships that will provide support during and after the program.
- Our alumni network is extensive and will prove invaluable as you begin to move forward in your career.
- Professional Development: Focus on what employers need. Develop your critical thinking abilities, your ability to functions in ambiguous situations and your ability to adapt in quickly changing environments.
- Technical Expertise: Acquire hands-on technical expertise—from finance to marketing to management—through software simulations, team projects and student consulting.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Develop your communication and team-building skills through collaborative projects on campus and in the field.
- Critical and Innovative Thinking: Enhance your ability to gather, analyze and synthesize information to solve business dilemmas and create new opportunities.
Business doesn’t happen in a classroom. That’s why the PMBA immerses you in onsite problem-solving situations as much as possible. You’ll learn by doing—experience that stays with you long after your classes are over.
HANDS-ON LEARNING IS REQUIRED
- Leading at the Edge: As part of the required Essence of Ethical Leadership course, students travel to the Rocky Mountains to participate in an intensive three-day exercise in outdoor leadership and team-building called “Leading at the Edge.” The intellectually rigorous experience teaches decision-making, problem-solving, teamwork and how to address ethical issues in times of stress. The weekend aims to establish trust among cohorts and instill the importance of values in leadership. Students find themselves moving from an individual to a collaborative perspective with regard to their future roles in business and the community.
- PMBA International Travel Seminar: Today’s business environment demands an understanding of global business practices and their effect on society. During the eight-day International Travel Seminar, which is included in the tuition, you’ll experience business in the context of other cultures and examine sustainable business practices on an international scale.
- Capstone Project: Working with a cohort team, you’ll apply knowledge gained throughout the PMBA program to a project that adds real value to your community. It’s an opportunity to pull together everything you’ve learned and apply it to community nonprofits.
INTERACT WITH BUSINESS EXPERTS AND LEADERS
- Global Capitals of the World: Gain inside access to financial executives and entrepreneurs around the world during this week-long trip to a variety of world destinations.
- Voices of Experience: Dynamic discussions with business leaders on the challenges and opportunities in today’s business world.
- Executive and Alumni Mentoring: Explore and pursue career opportunities with an executive and/or alumni mentor in your field of interest.
COMPETE AGAINST THE BEST
- Inclusive Excellence Business Case Competition: Daniels is proud to host one of the country’s few business case competitions focused on diversity. Students tackle a current issue around inclusive excellence, which is a strategic imperative for a participating company.
- Race & Case: Daniels’ signature event that combines an ethics case competition with a ski race.
- Cable Apprentice Challenge: This unique combination of education and networking with the best and the brightest in the business world is a challenge to develop research and analysis tactics to help Comcast Colorado.
- Association for Corporate Growth Case Competition: A regional business school case competition. The ACG Cup is a case study competition designed to give students from leading MBA programs invaluable insights into mergers and acquisitions, investment banking, financial advisory and private equity.
Before you apply
- Visit the Daniels College of Business to experience firsthand what sets us apart from other Professional MBA programs. Walk our campus, sit in on a class and engage with us. We’re eager to learn more about your background and educational goals. Our students, alumni and faculty are happy to share their Daniels experiences.
- Learn more. Daniels admissions managers are here to answer your questions about the academic focus, format and admissions process by email, phone or in person.
- Schedule a visit. We’d like to meet you. Walk our campus and meet with a member of our PMBA admissions team. Hours are flexible and parking is provided. Contact us at 303.871.3416.
- Attend an admissions event. Check out the Daniels Events calendar. Discover Daniels Information Sessions provide an overview of all Daniels programs. Program-specific events like PMBA class visits and off-site receptions are held regularly.
- Get to know us online. Check out our student blog, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Résumé review. If you’re wondering if you have the work and management experience required for application to the PMBA program, submit your resume and we will get back to you with our impressions before your begin the application process. If the PMBA is not the best fit for your career stage, we will recommend alternative education options. Submit your résumé for review»