Life at Daniels
In a Word: Destination
The Daniels College of Business and the surrounding area provides a dynamic learning environment with countless opportunities to test your new-found skills, get involved and form lasting friendships.
There’s no place like the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver.
Founded in 1864, the University of Denver is the oldest private university in the region. Explore what it’s like to be a Daniels student:
Daniels is located on the 125 acre University of Denver campus equidistant to downtown Denver and the Denver Tech Center. The campus is a blend of a century’s worth of architecture, green commons and stunning views of the Rocky Mountains. At every corner, you’ll find facilities that promote the best of learning, sports, and the performing arts.
Student Organizations and Resources
With more than 25 student organizations at Daniels, you’re sure to find one that fits your interests. Student organizations are an excellent way to meet like-minded peers, take on leadership roles and get involved with the Daniels community. You can also get involved through networking events, speaker forums, volunteer activities and other events organized by Daniels.
We want to help you make the most of your time at Daniels. You’ll find a wide range of academic and professional resources and support including:
- DU Writing Center: Open to all DU students, the Writing Center assists students with all types of writing projects: class assignments, professional writing, and multimedia presentations.
- Daniels Career Services: Daniels Career Services provides lifelong career management services to Daniels graduate-level students and alumni including career coaching, an extensive online jobs resource, on-campus recruiting and job search workshops.
- Global Friends Program: The DU Global Friends Program promotes friendship across cultures within the University of Denver community by matching international students with a faculty or staff member.
Denver and the Rocky Mountains
Denver has big-city amenities—Fortune 500 companies, public transportation, nightlife and more—with the friendly feel of a smaller town. Thanks to its thriving business and social scene, Denver is consistently ranked by Forbes and Kiplinger’s as one of the top cities for young professionals and recent college graduates.
A Hub of Opportunity
Denver is a regional hub for business, government, and culture. You’ll find countless opportunities to put your business skills to the test through internships and student consulting projects for a wide range of businesses—from international conglomerates to entrepreneurial start-ups. Daniels students also give back to the community through volunteer opportunities coordinated by the College and student organizations.
An Active Community
The University of Denver campus, Denver and the nearby Rocky Mountains are perfect for active minds and bodies. From the state-of-the-art fitness center at DU’s Ritchie Center to the Rocky Mountains to the manmade playground of downtown Denver, you’ll have lots of opportunities to unwind and get to know your fellow Daniels students.
Learn more about life at Daniels, the University of Denver and the surrounding area:
Your relationship with the Daniels doesn’t end at graduation. As an alumnus, you have lifetime access to robust alumni services and a 36,000+ alumni network to support your evolving career and goals.
Stay Connected and Get Involved
- Daniels Alumni Events: Network with fellow alumni.
- Daniels Alumni Network Program: Share your expertise and experiences with Daniels students and alumni.
- DU ePioneer Community: Join the one-stop online community for DU alumni.
- DU Alumni Directory: Find old friends or contact DU alumni in your city or town.
Career Resources and Lifelong Learning