Biography at a Glance
Philip Scott Lowery (BSBA 1982, JD 1985), a Denver native, is married to Texie, and together they have three daughters. Scott is a graduate from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, and holds a BSBA from the University of Denver Daniels College of Business.
Scott currently serves on the Board of Education as vice chair, the Board of Trustees for Valor Christian High School, the University of Denver Daniels College of Business Executive Advisory Board as vice chair, and the ACE Scholarships Board of Trustees. Scott has also served on the Denver Hospice Board of Directors and the Investment Committee from 2006 to 2016. From 2006 through March 2020 Scott served on the Colorado UpLift Board of Directors and Executive Board. In 2004 Scott was the recipient of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
- 1994–2016: Founder, SquareTwo Financial Corporation, Denver, Colorado. Since inception, various positions of CEO, president, chairman, director of SquareTwo Financial Corporation, fka Collect America, Ltd. Grew to be one of the top debt buyers in the United States and Canada. Under Scott’s guidance as CEO, the company grew to over 25 franchised law firms across the United States, over 100 local counsel legal firms in the network and revenue consistently exceeding 300 million annually.
- July 2000–September 2017: Founder, CEO of P. Scott Lowery, P.C. Law Offices, Denver, Colorado. Performing legal collections in Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, California and Wyoming. Scott oversaw all aspects of the business. Scott is a licensed attorney in Colorado.
- September 2017–June 2018: Senior attorney with Rausch, Sturm, Israel, Enerson and Hornik, LLC, Denver, Colorado. Primary duties: responsible for legal call center collections.
- July 2018–present: Partner Rausch, Sturm, Israel, Enerson and Hornik, LLP, DBA Rausch Sturm, LLP, Denver, Colorado. Primary duties: responsible for legal call center collections and company strategy. Involved in all aspects of assisting the team with operating the company.
- January 2018–present: Chairman, CEO and president Collect America, LLC., which includes the Galaxy companies, a financial services company that specializes in distressed asset purchase and recovery. Scott is involved in all aspects of assisting the team with operating the company.
- 2012–present: Founder, BriteStreet Energy Group, LLC. Residential and Commercial solar and LED sales, financing and development. Scott participates in setting and implementing operational objectives and the strategic vision for the company as well as his involvement with project and company financing.
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver, 1982
- Juris Doctor, Sturm College of Law, University of Denver, 1985
Licensed to practice law in the State of Colorado.