Pamela Selle Bard (Pam) is the President of Bard & Co., a diversified investment management company with assets in both real estate and operating entities. Her career focus has been in real estate development and management, both commercial and residential. She is a coinvestor with her husband, Richard, in Bard Capital, a private equity firm with investments in Blastrac (a global manufacturing company), Centennial Bank and Jet Edge (a large cabin jet charter and management company).
Pam graduated Summa cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Denver in 1979. She has held the following management positions: CPA and Senior Auditor, Arthur Andersen & Co., Denver (1979-1982); Chief Financial Officer, Rock Oil Corporation, Denver (1982-1984); and Investment Broker, Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate Group, now known as CB Richard Ellis, (1985-1990).
She was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters by the University of Colorado in 2001.
Mrs. Bard has an active interest in health and wellness, and issues impacting children and young adults particularly with education and health care. In 1997, through the Bard Family Foundation, the Bards endowed the Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Colorado at Denver.
Her volunteer activities have included active participation with the following Colorado non-profit organizations:
- University of Denver Daniels College of Business – Board member, 2016 to present
- Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, University of Colorado Medical School – member of the Community Advisory Board 2012 – present
- Roundup River Ranch, a SeriousFun Network camp for children with life threatening illnesses in Eagle Country, CO – founding board member and Finance Committee member (2008 – 2014)
- Vail Valley Foundation – Friends of Vail Member (1990-2010), former Vilar Center Advisory Board member
- University of Colorado Foundation – Board member, Strategic Planning Committee and Capital Campaign Steering Committee member, Chairman of the Audit Committee (1998 – 2005)
- The Children’s Hospital Foundation, Denver – former Vice Chairman of the Board, Chairman of the Investment Committee, and Chairman of the Audit Committee (1994- 2004)
- Evergreen Mountain School – Board member, Treasurer and Board Chair of this Core Knowledge based independent school for children from preschool through 8th grade (now called Evergreen Country Day School) (1996-2004)
- Bard Center For Entrepreneurship, CU Denver, Leadership Council Member (1997-2010)
- University of Denver School of Accountancy – Advisory Board member (1992-1998)
- Mile High Transplant Bank – Denver, board member (1985-1989); served in the offices of Chairman and Treasurer of the Board.
Pam has two children (Alexander and Melissa), three stepchildren (Alison, Jonathan and Adam), and two grandchildren (Ashley and Luke). She and her husband, Richard, reside in Evergreen and Beaver Creek, Colorado. She treasures living in the mountains, and enjoys hiking, skiing, biking and yoga.