Pamela Selle Bard (Pam) (BS 1979) is the president of Bard & Co., an entrepreneurial investment management company. She is also the executive chairwoman and co-founder of Harmony 783, a company formed in 2020 that makes men’s and women’s grounded shoes for direct-to-consumer online retail. Her career focus has been in real estate development and management, both commercial and residential. She and her husband, Richard, have been active investors in a diverse array of companies in banking, manufacturing, construction, casino gaming and private aviation.
Pam graduated summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Denver in 1979. She has held the following management positions: CPA and senior auditor, Arthur Andersen & Co., Denver (1979–1982); chief financial officer, Rock Oil Corporation, Denver (1982–1984); and investment broker, Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate Group, now known as CB Richard Ellis (1985–1990).
She was awarded an Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters by the University of Colorado in 2001.
Mrs. Bard has a passionate and active interest in integrative health and wellness. She focuses her time and energy on endeavors that impact children, young adults and the elderly through education, mental health resources and health creation. In 1997, through the Bard Family Foundation, the Bards endowed the Center for Entrepreneurship Development at the University of Colorado at Denver.
Her volunteer activities have included active participation with the following Colorado nonprofit organizations:
- University of Denver Graduate School of Social Work, Community Advisory Board, 2019 to present
- University of Denver Daniels College of Business, Executive Advisory Board, 2016 to present
- Anschutz Health and Wellness Center, University of Colorado Medical School, member of the Community Advisory Board 2012–2016
- Roundup River Ranch, a SeriousFun Network camp for children with life-threatening illnesses in Eagle Country, CO—founding board member and Finance Committee member (2008–2014)
- Vail Valley Foundation—Friends of Vail Member (1990-2010), former Vilar Center Advisory Board member
- University of Colorado Foundation—Board member, Strategic Planning Committee and Capital Campaign Steering Committee member, chairman of the Audit Committee (1998–2006)
- The Children’s Hospital Foundation, Denver—former vice chairman of the Board, chairman of the Investment Committee and chairman of the Audit Committee (1994–2005)
- Evergreen Mountain School—Board member, treasurer and board chair of this Core Knowledge–based independent school for children from preschool through 8th grade (now called Evergreen Country Day School) (1996–2004)
- Bard Center for Entrepreneurship, CU Denver—Leadership Council member (1996–2002)
- University of Denver School of Accountancy—Advisory Board member (1992–1998)
- Mile High Transplant Bank—Denver, board member (1985–1989); served in the offices of chairman and treasurer of the Board.
Pam has two adult children, three adult stepchildren and four grandchildren. She and her husband, Richard, reside in Evergreen and Beaver Creek, Colorado. She treasures living in the mountains and enjoys hiking, skiing, biking and yoga.