Kyung Sung Jung, PhD
Kyung received degrees in engineering, such as mechanical engineering (BEng) and information storage engineering (MS). He was a researcher at the Center for Information Storage Device and LG Electronics, Inc (Mobile R&D Center). Some of his inventions for mobile phones have been patent-protected in the United States/Europe and South Korea.
He received MBA and PhD degrees in business. His research interest is in the topics of information systems and operations management, such as scheduling operating rooms at hospitals; optimization in robotic cells; inventory and shipment policies; pricing contracts and private brands in online channels; information asymmetry; and public policies for online/mobile platforms, digital goods and digital piracy, health IT and patient portals, and sharing economy. His works have been solved analytically and empirically in various fields and published in academic journals, including IIE Transactions, Service Science, Production and Operations Management (POM), and Information Systems Research (ISR).
- PhD, Naveen Jindal School of Business at the University of Texas at Dallas
- MBA, Foster School of Business at the University of Washington
Academic Positions Held
- Clinical Associate/Assistant Professor, University of Florida
- Researcher, LG Electronics Co., Ltd. Mobile R&D Center
- Researcher, Center for Information Storage Devices