Biography at a Glance
JP Tremblay is Associate Teaching Professor at the Reiman School of Finance in the Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver where he teaches investment management, securities analysis and valuation, portfolio management and risk analytics.
Previously, JP was Sr. Director of Product Development at S&P Global where he managed a portfolio of financial data products and analytical software platforms for the global institutional investment management market. He was also co-portfolio manager of a long/short equity hedge fund and private wealth management firm based in Denver, CO.
JP is an active member of the Colorado financial community. He is a CFA Charterholder and former Board member of the Colorado CFA Society. He is a founding member and active board member of the Colorado QWAFAFEW chapter.
JP holds an MBA in International Management from the International University of the Americas and received his B.A. in Finance and Marketing from Laval University, Quebec, Canada. His research interests are in the areas of equity valuation, portfolio construction, and quantitative equity strategy with a focus on ESG investing. He is co-director of the Marsico Investment Center and recipient of the Blake Family Faculty Fellowship.
Education & Professional Designations
- MBA in International Management, International University of the Americas, San Jose, Costa Rica (1995)
- BSBA in Finance and Marketing, Laval University, Quebec, Canada (1993)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charterholder, CFA Institute, Charlottesville, VA (2002)
Academic and Professional Positions Held
- Associate Teaching Professor, Reiman School of Finance, Daniels College of Business, Denver CO (2013-current)
- Adjunct Professor, Reiman School of Finance, Daniels College of Business, Denver CO (2009-2013)
- Consultant, Lignin Growth Partners, Denver, CO (2016-current)
- Sr. Director, S&P Capital IQ, Centennial, CO (2006-2013)
- Co-Portfolio Manager, Blythe Lane Investment Management / Blythe Tremblay Partners, Centennial CO (2002-2006)
Awards and Honors
- Co-director – Marsico Investment Center
- Advisor – Finance Club
- Chris Blake Family Faculty Fellowship – Inaugural Recipient
- Faculty Career Achievement Award
- Trail running