Biography at a Glance
John M. Holcomb is a Professor of Business Ethics and Legal Studies and has 38 years of teaching experience at the Universities of Denver, California (Berkeley), Maryland, Rutgers, and George Washington University. He has taught executive education programs in the U.S., Canada, and the United Kingdom, and has consulted to corporations, trade associations, and think tanks. In 1975, he organized the Foundation for Public Affairs in Washington, DC, and was its first Executive Director. Previously, he was also Director of Corporate Responsibility for the Public Affairs Council, an association of over 700 corporations.
He has written many articles and book chapters on the legal, political, and ethical aspects of business. His publications focus on corporate governance, corporate political activities, campaign finance law, crisis management, social movements and NGOs, public policy, and international law. He has served as a commentator on local and national news stories involving corporate crises and legal liability, and presents on programs sponsored by the Institute for Enterprise Ethics and by various business associations. He teaches Business Law & Public Policy, Corporate Governance, Business and Global Values, and International Business Law.
He has also served as Chairman of the Colorado Commission on Judicial Discipline, president of the Rocky Mountain Academy of Legal Studies in Business, and as a member of the advisory committee of the Colorado chapter of the National Association of Corporate Directors. He has a J.D. from Georgetown University, M.A. in Political Science from Vanderbilt University, and B.A. from Augustana College (IL).
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center
- MA, Political Science, NDEA Fellow, Vanderbilt University
- BA, Political Science, Intercollegiate Debater, Augustana College
Academic Positions Held
- Professor, Daniels College of Business
- Associate Professor, Daniels College of Business
- Visiting Associate Professor of Strategic Management and Public Policy, George Washington University
- Associate Professor, Department of Business Administration, Rutgers University
- Assistant Professor, College of Business and Management, University of Maryland
- Lecturer, Schools of Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley
- Boston Red Sox
- Georgetown Hoyas basketball