Biography at a Glance
Jennifer Larson is the US program leader for AWS EdStart, a startup accelerator for entrepreneurs building next generation online learning, analytics, and campus management solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS). With three decades of startup experience, Jennifer brings a practical understanding of the entrepreneurial journey to the program. She is passionate about education and technology and has worked with thousands of educators and families to develop programs which positively impact student engagement and school culture.
Jennifer’s entrepreneurial endeavors began in the 90’s during the dot com boom where she was involved in a successful technology acquisition which brought her to Colorado. With a shift to education in 2004, she led the efforts of two successful charter school initiatives in Douglas County. These schools have been nationally recognized for their educational programs and currently serve over 1,800 students in grades PK-12.
Jennifer has a long track record of successful startups in technology and education (and many lessons learned!). She enjoys mentoring other founders and currently teaches Entrepreneurship in the Executive MBA program at the Daniels College of Business, University of Denver.
- BA Mathematics, UC Santa Barbara
- MBA, University of Denver, Daniels College of Business – Executive Program
Academic Positions Held
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Denver, Daniels College of Business – Executive Program (2022 – present)
Awards and Honors
- AWS EdStart Pitch Competition Winner, San Francisco – October 2019
- International Women’s Day Big Pitch Competition Winner, Denver – March 2019
- Top 50 Startup to Watch, Built in Colorado – February 2019