Biography at a Glance
Gisella Bassani is a teaching assistant professor in the Department of Business Information and Analytics, Daniels College of Business. She has been teaching at the College since 2011. Gisella has over 25 years of experience in information technology in a wide variety of industries, which allows her to provide students with a strong integration between the academic and practical. She brings the workplace into the classroom to create an innovative learning experience.
Her business experience includes development of business intelligence platforms, implementation of a variety of information systems (from SQL Server databases to Visual Basic front-end systems), development of databases and data warehouses, and the development and maintenance of data analysis tools and reports. Gisella has led intercontinental teams. She actively incorporates these experiences in the classroom and helps students relate to projects and others that represent divergent views and experiences.
- MBA, Management Information Systems and Entrepreneurship, Daniels College of Business
- BA, Theater, Oberlin College
Academic Leadership Positions Held
- INFO 1020 Course Lead
- INFO 1010 Course Co-Lead
Academic Positions Held
- Teaching Assistant Professor, Daniels College of Business
- Adjunct Professor, Daniels College of Business
- Lecturer, University of Colorado Denver Business School
Awards and Honors
Faculty Career Champion Nominee, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Founder and senior director of Joyous Paws, a nonprofit association dedicated to providing volunteer pet therapy teams (handlers and animals) to local health care and educational facilities.
- Board of Delegates for Capitol Hill United Neighborhoods. Represented neighborhood 9 on CHUN board, a nonprofit registered neighborhood organization (RNO).
- Currently pursuing her PhD in Computer Science and Information Systems at the University of Colorado Denver Business School