Biography at a Glance
Erin Nickell earned her PhD and Masters in Accounting from the University of Central Florida. Before pursuing a career in academia, Nickell worked for Grant Thornton LLP as a senior audit associate. Her experience in public accounting has contributed to her research interests, including fraud, professional skepticism and auditor decision making.
She is a licensed CPA in the state of Virginia as well as a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) in the state of Colorado.
- PhD, Accounting, University of Central Florida
- MS, Accounting, University of Central Florida
- BS, Accounting, University of Florida
- Eutsler, J., E. B. Nickell, and S. Robb. 2016. Audit Report Modification and the Likelihood of Enforcement Action in Cases of Fraudulent Financial Reporting, forthcoming at Accounting Horizons
- Nickell, E. B. and R. W. Roberts. 2014. The Public Interest Imperative in Corporate Sustainability Reporting Research. Accounting and the Public Interest, Vol. 14 (1): pp. 79-86.
- Nickell, E. B. And R. W. Roberts. 2014. Organizational Legitimacy, Conflict and Hypocrisy: An Alternative View of the Role of Internal Auditing. Critical Perspectives on Accounting, Vol. 25 (3): pp. 217-221.
- Co-Chair for the 50th annual Robert M. Trueblood Seminars for Professors, hosted by the Deloitte Foundation (2015)
- Panel Member and Plenary Speaker for the Daniels College of Business, Institute for Enterprise Ethics
Courses Taught at Daniels
- Intermediate Accounting, I, II, and III
- Intro to Financial Accounting
- Fair Value Auditing