Biography at a Glance
Aimee Mandolini is the epitome of passion and drive. The Chicago native is a self-described candy connoisseur, a nine-year middle linebacker for a competitive football team, and a distinguished development professional with extensive experience in individual, foundation, and corporate fundraising. Aimee joined the University of Denver in 2013 as the Director of Development and strategically focuses on alumni, parent, and donor development and engagement in Colorado, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Washington, DC. Aimee has led the College’s fundraising efforts in terms of dollars raised for nearly five years; $5.5 million in total commitments. Aimee serves as the advancement liaison and content expert for the School of Finance, Hospitality Management and full-time MBA programs. Prior to joining DU, she was responsible for creating the strategy and implementation of the annual giving program at the Illinois Network of Charter Schools in Chicago.
“My role at the University of Denver allows me to build meaningful relationships with alumni, donors, and families who share a deep commitment toward transforming education. You will often hear me say that I have the best job in the entire world. I have the unique opportunity to connect those that want to change the world with those that can.”
When Aimee isn’t helping to make the world a better place through her work, she’s doing so through volunteer service. A strong advocate for LGBTQ and human rights, she has volunteered for various nonprofit boards including the United Way and the Human Rights Campaign, and most recently joined DePaul University’s alumni board in Chicago. She indicates that these organizations are extremely rewarding organizations to be a part of, and she feels that volunteering allows her to systematically move the needle on causes she cares about in a very real way.
- DePaul University, Organizational Leadership
Awards and Honors
- Young Professional of the Year, United Way of Metro Chicago (2013)
- #5 on the Top 10 Chicago Lesbians to Look Out For (2013)
- Fellow, Association of Fundraising Professionals (2012)
- Alumni Board Member, DePaul University
- Steering Committee Member, Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
- Inclusive Excellence Committee Member, Daniels College of Business
- Young Leaders Society, United Way
- Hobbies include traveling, cooking and discovering new restaurants, running, and water and snow sports