The school announced the appointment of two new department chairs and three new endowed chairs.
The new chairs are:
• Barbara Jackson, director of the Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management.
• Andrew Urbaczewski, chair and associate professor of the Department of Business Information and Analytics.
The three endowed chairs are:
• Sharon Alvarez, the first Koch Chair in Entrepreneurship in the Department of Management.
• Robert Giacalone, Distinguished Chair of Ethics in the Department of Business Ethics and Legal Studies.
• Jack Strauss, the first Miller Chair of Applied Economics in the Reiman School of Finance.
All began their tenures with the start of the 2013 academic year this month.
“We look forward to working with our new department chair and endowed chairs,” said Charles Patti, interim Daniels dean. “They are established leaders in their disciplines and provide Daniels with extraordinary academic depth. They will make a remarkable contribution to our students, our alumni and the business and professional communities.”