This summer, Dr. Charles Patti accepted the appointment as interim dean of the Daniels College of Business, replacing Dr. Christine Riordan, who joined the University of Kentucky as provost.
The entire College is excited to have Dr. Patti in this capacity to help the College maintain its forward momentum, while continuing its work on the Daniels strategic plan, Daniels Tomorrow. Prior to this appointment, Dr. Patti served as senior associate dean for faculty and academic research at Daniels. He has held various positions at Daniels, including the James M. Cox Professor of Customer Experience Management and chair of the Department of Marketing. He has also held several international appointments, including Head of School at Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
Daniels has accomplished a great deal in the past five years under Dr. Christine Riordan’s leadership and will continue the momentum. Over the next several years the College will focus on carrying out the initiatives set forth in the strategic plan and execute a successful maintenance of accreditation process which culminates in February 2015, as well as deliver high-quality day in and day out for students and other stakeholders. In other words, the Daniels community is not taking a breather during the search for a new dean.
In order to help meet our strategic goals during this interim period, the College recently made some organizational shifts, as follows:
- Dr. Dan Connolly, interim senior associate dean for graduate and undergraduate programs, oversees the Office of Undergraduate Programs, all undergraduate programs and the MS and International MBA programs.
- Dr. Paul Olk, interim assistant dean of faculty, research and accreditation, handles faculty human resources issues and oversees faculty and accreditation areas.
- Dr. Carol Johnson, chair of the Department of Marketing, has recently assumed responsibility for exploring alternative methods of content delivery for Daniels during the next year.
With these changes the College leadership can continue the strong push toward greatness during the interim period. In addition, there are several deans that will meet regularly with Dr. Patti:
- Ms. Dorothy Lechowicz-Edwards, associate dean of diversity and inclusive excellence, provides strategic management and guidance in the area of inclusive excellence.
- Dr. Barbara Kreisman, senior associate dean of working professionals MBA programs and Executive Education, leads the College’s programs for experienced professionals returning to school later in their careers. Read more about Dr. Kreisman’s work.
- Dr. David Cox, assistant dean of graduate admissions and Full-time MBA programs, oversees the Full-time MBA program and the graduate admissions teams for all Daniels MBA programs.
- Ms. Chris MacMillan, assistant dean of college operations, rankings and strategy execution, oversees the facilities and human resources functions.
- Mr. John Thunen, assistant dean for finance, data management and technology, manages the College budget and supports technology needs for all three Daniels buildings.
We will keep you up to date on the progress of our national search for a new dean for the Daniels College of Business. Thank you for supporting Daniels as we navigate this critical turning point.