Entrepreneurship@DU TikTok Pitch Comp!
The Entrepreneurship@DU Spring 2021 TikTok Pitch Comp is an opportunity for all students at the University of Denver to test the validity of their ideas and innovations. No prior pitch or business experience needed.
What’s a Product or Service that Would Improve DU’s Sustainability?
With Entrepreneurship@DU’s first-ever TikTok Pitch Competition, your idea could win you $150 — and for finalists, the chance to win $1,000! It could be something that tackles food waste, DU’s carbon footprint, eco-friendly transportation, or more — whatever sustainability means to YOU!
There are two parts to the competition:
Part 1: Pitch your idea on the topic listed above. Top pitches will each win $150.00 and advance to the final round.
Part 2: Pitches that advance, will have 10 days to work with a mentor to develop your idea and a 3 minute pitch. Winning pitch will receive $1,000 in prize money and be eligible for a $1,000 microgrant to continue to work on their idea.
Pitch Part 1:
- Length: 30-45 Seconds
- Medium: TikTok
- Hashtag: #DUpitchcomp
- Eligible: Must be a DU student – DU faculty, alums, and staff are welcome to compete but they must partner with a current DU students
- How many entries: Unlimited
- Opens: April 23rd, 2021 8:00 AM MDT
- Closes: April 30th, 2021 6:00PM MDT
- Winners announced: May 3rd, 2021
- Winners: Prizes for top Pitches selected by the judges and by the TikTok audience
- Prize: $150 for each winner
How it Works:
- Create a 30- 45 second TikTok video that covers the following:
- The problem your idea/innovation is solving
- How your idea works and solves the problem
- Who will use your idea and why will they use it.
- Top pitches will advance to the final round and an opportunity to pitch for a $1,000 prize
Winning pitches in the TiKTok competition are not required to move to the final round
* If you do not have a TikTok account you can send a 30-45 second video to email@example.com
Questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.