A Master of Business Administration is your gateway and ticket to a better future. With your advanced degree from the University of Denver, you will have the opportunity to grow and thrive in some of the most demanding and rewarding business positions throughout the world.
The Daniels College of Business is considered one of the top business schools in the world. By enrolling with us, we guarantee you will have the educational experience you need to reach your full potential. If you want to get the most out of the Business Program, here are a few things that will help you prepare for your education and plan your future afterwards.
Which Option Is Right for You?
At the Daniels College of Business, we provide students with a number of educational opportunities. Whether you want to attend full-time or receive specialized training, we have a program that will meet your needs.
- Our full-time MBA program begins in either September or March. The program will last for 21 months and requires at least three years of work experience. International travel is available through special programs and events as well. The application process is simple, but you will need to pass the GMAT before you can be accepted. Once you have filled out the application and submitted all necessary paperwork, you can expect to wait two to six weeks before a decision will be made. If you are an International student, that process can take up to two weeks longer.
- Our 1-year MBA begins in August of each year and will take 11 months to complete. Just like the full-time program, international travel is available. Please note that professional work experience or experience with an internship is highly suggested.
Other MBA Options
Our full-time and one-year MBA programs are perfect for new students and recent college graduates. While the programs are tailored to meet the needs of every student regardless of age or experience, we do provide a Professional MBA and Executive MBA for busy, working professionals.
- Our Professional MBA program is a full-time program and can take up to 24 months to complete. The start dates are like our other full-time programs and begin in September or March. The accelerated format takes focuses on developing skills of working professionals with at least three to nine years of experience. An eight-day international business trip is part of the program.
- The Executive MBA program is similar to the Professional program but is more accelerated and takes place over an 18-month period. You must have 10 or more years of professional experience to qualify. Please note that the GMAT is waived for Executive students.
How to Prepare for School
If you want to get the most out of your MBA program, you need to prepare long before you set foot in a classroom. Here are a few tips that will help you get ready for your program.
- Study the material that will be on the GMAT and clear your schedule when you are ready to take the test. How well you do determines whether or not you will be accepted to the program, so it is worth making the test a priority. A GMAT prep course can help you get the edge you need to succeed.
- It will be helpful to tour the campus before you begin your classes. Whether you intend to live on campus or commute, familiarizing yourself with the school’s layout will help you feel comfortable when classes begin.
- Take care of any financial aid issues before the semester begins. There are a number of specific financial aid deadlines throughout the year; make sure you don’t wait until the last minute to file paperwork.
Opportunities Available during the Program
While the Master of Business Administration program will provide you with all the skills and tools necessary to advance your career, there are plenty of extracurricular activities available while you are studying at the University of Denver.
Throughout the year, students will have the opportunity to attend Networking Nights, the Voices of Experience speaker series, the Daniels Seminar Series, and a variety of other seminars and educational events. These events are perfect for meeting your peers as well as industry experts.
There are a number of Graduate Groups that current students can join. These groups help build a sense of community as well as focus on developing specific skills. There is a group for everyone, regardless of your interests.
Make the Most of Your New MBA
After earning your Master of Business Administration, the Daniels College of Business has resources available to help you find a rewarding career where you can use your new skills and experiences. For anyone looking to continue his or her education, the University of Denver offers a number of Professional Short Courses for professionals who wish to gain knowledge and skills in a very specific field. The courses are always being updated to stay current
with the latest trends in the business community. Most programs award certificates upon completion that can help bolster your resume and improve your marketable skills.
A Community Approach
By enrolling in one of the Daniels College of Business MBA programs, you are going to learn everything necessary to find a rewarding career. While the courses are demanding and the work challenging, you will have support and assistance every step of the way. Whether you need help from your peers or you want some guidance from faculty and staff, there are always opportunities for you to overcome the challenges you face. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your goals and earn your MBA before you know it.