The Rocky Mountain Cable Association (RMCA) is sponsoring the 8th Annual Cable Apprentice competition. The competition is open to all MBA students at Daniels.
Here is an Overview and Activity Timeline for the competition:
February 21—Midnight: Individual and/or Group Applications Due
- Applicants can apply individually or in a group of 3.
- To register, send your resume to Erin Roberts.
- Full-time, Part-time and EMBA students are invited to apply.
- The case will be sent to all applicants after the deadline.
- Past participants are not allowed to compete a second year.
March 7: Competitive Social Mixer at Marcus Commons, Daniels College of Business
- All competitors meet to learn about competition rules and logistics.
- Competitors participate in a series of brief elimination interviews (AKA: Speed Interviewing).
- Up to five teams, with three students each, will be selected by a panel of cable industry executives and will be announced by March 9. Teams will also be paired with industry executive mentors at this time.
March 27: Draft Presentations and Internal Elimination — Daniels College of Business
- Students are expected to conduct general research using available resources to outline a high-level marketing strategy directly relevant to the cable and broadband industry.
- The presentation format consists of a creative presentation by all team members followed by constructive feedback from the RMCA Board.
- Up to three teams will be selected to continue for the final presentation.
April 25: Final Presentations at the Comcast Media Center in Englewood
- Conducted in a television studio environment
- Finalists will conduct a formal presentation by all team members followed by a short Q&A from the Judges (who will all be top executives in the industry)
- $4,500 cash award to the winning team
- Great networking opportunities and potential internship and employment opportunities with the top industry companies in Denver. Companies include Comcast, Charter Communications, Time Warner Cable, Starz Entertainment Group, and Sand Cherry Associates.
Contact Erin Roberts (MBA ‘09)—Cable Apprentice Competitor ‘08
Please respond by midnight on February 22 to register