Alumni Spotlight: Alexandra West, MBA 2010
As an MBA student, I was very passionate about making the Daniels College of Business an enriching environment for students, and I served as president of the Graduate Business Student Association. I also was a graduate assistant in the Suitts Center for Graduate Career Services. I enjoyed my Daniels experience so much that when I graduated, I returned to the College as manager of the Daniels Corporate Partners Program, strengthening the corporate giving program during the ASCEND campaign.
Thanks to my Daniels experience, I discovered a passion for corporate philanthropy and community program development and eventually found my way to my current role as director of the Colorado Technology Foundation. We are a fund of Rose Community Foundation and managed by the Colorado Technology Association and serve to bridge companies to education, technology and workforce programs in Colorado.
It probably comes as no surprise that I’ve continued to stay involved as an alumna of Daniels. A year ago, I joined the Daniels Alumni Advisory Board (AAB), which builds and maintains the alumni engagement program at the College. I look forward to a lifelong relationship with the College and am very proud to be a Pioneer.
Accepting New Applications for the Alumni Advisory Board: January 1, 2015
As chair of the AAB’s membership development committee, my goal is to recruit new members to the board—alumni who are excited to make a difference at their alma mater. Starting in the new year, our application period opens up, so if you have an interest in giving back to Daniels, I encourage you to learn more about this important role.
Why apply to the AAB? As a board member, you’ll benefit the College in many important ways by:
- Helping Daniels build stronger bonds among alumni, students and the College.
- Offering valuable perspective and insight into how Daniels can create long-term value for its alumni.
- Supporting Daniels as it advances its programs and reputation, thereby increasing the value of the Daniels degree for you and all alumni.
What’s in it for you? As an AAB member, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Help direct the alumni engagement program at Daniels. Ever had an idea to better connect Daniels with its alumni? This is your opportunity to impact alumni activities.
- Expand your network by connecting with other alumni, students, faculty, Daniels friends, donors and corporate partners, and many others in the Daniels community.
- Gain access to Daniels and DU leadership through networking events.
- Stay apprised of Daniels happenings, news, events and more, resulting in a much more rich alumni experience.
Submit Your Application January 1 – March 1
The AAB will accept applications for new members starting January 1, 2015. Board members are expected to:
- Commit to one two-year term (with the option to reapply)
- Participate in one of four AAB committees
- Attend the AAB’s fall and spring retreats and five AAB-sponsored events throughout the year
- Make an annual contribution to Daniels
In order to maintain a diverse makeup of the board, we cannot accept all applicants. Applicants who are not selected for the AAB will be connected to other opportunities.
Interested in learning more about the AAB? Please contact Mona Spitz, senior director of alumni relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leave a Reply