What is Medical Service Corps?
Medical Service Corps (MSC) officers are professional healthcare administrators and executives who play a critical role leading and managing one of the nation’s largest, most diverse healthcare systems. MSC offers great leadership opportunities, high promotion rate, exceptional educational opportunities, dynamic deployment opportunities, and has been identified as one of the “Best Jobs in America” by CNNMoney.com.
Hospital administrators plan, direct or coordinate medicine and health services in hospitals, clinics, managed care organizations, public health agencies or similar organizations. In addition they act as mediators among governing boards, medical staff and department heads to help coordinate the actions of all departments to ensure they function as a whole.
Median Salalary (experienced)
10-Year Job Growth
Total Jobs (Current)
Benefit to Society
*Source: CNNMONEY.com / November 2010
Various MSC Roles:
- Medical Facility Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) and Chief Operating Officers (COOs), headquarters/corporate offices
- Medical Information management/Information Technology (IM/IT), Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Resource Management and Personnel Management (CFOs)
- Group Practice Management/ Patient Administration
- Medical Readiness during war and in peace
- Medical Logistics
- Health Plans Management/Patient Administration
Leave a Reply