Master of Science in Marketing
Learn. Create. Inspire
Always Evolving—Start in Spring or Fall
Business isn’t something that simply stands still. It is a living, growing piece of today’s society, and we believe it should be taught that way. The Daniels College of Business Master of Science in Marketing program challenges you to think critically to solve problems while teaching you to embrace ambiguity—the skills employers are looking for in marketing professionals. Whether you are competing in a case competition, leading active client projects, becoming certified in Microsoft Excel or Google Analytics and AdWords, or applying Database Management Systems such as Microsoft Access and Salesforce, our graduates will have the key abilities to succeed in business.
The Department of Marketing faculty set new standards as marketing leaders and help our students make connections in the industry. These experts take their teaching beyond the classroom and into day-to-day practice as they balance tried-and-true thinking with bold new marketing approaches. Plus, our small class sizes, team projects and commitment to experiential learning give students the opportunity to delve even deeper into each lesson and extract how it can apply to their careers.
Program At A Glance
|Program Curriculum||A 15–36-month, full- or part-time, 45-47-credit program. Ethics and values-based leadership are integrated throughout the curriculum.|
|GMAT/GRE||GMAT or GRE required.|
|Program Start Dates||September.|
|Tuition||$1,258 per credit hour plus program fees. Tuition Calculator»|
|Financial Aid||Government student loans, private loans and GI benefits available. Some merit- and need-based scholarships awarded by Daniels College of Business.|
|Application Deadlines||Four rounds of admission deadlines for fall entry and three rounds for spring entry.|
|Recommended Work Experience||Varies.|
Regional Manager, TOEFL Junior—Shanghai
This innovative program is comprised of cutting edge curriculum and numerous hands-on opportunities for students to learn. Students in the MS Marketing program will:
- Participate in class labs to solve actual marketing challenges for real clients in real-time by applying the theory and critical thinking skills gleaned in the program.
- Benefit from professional development workshops designed to hone the skills needed to secure an internship and land a job.
- Be mentored by an area marketing professional who will help students: develop a professional brand, decide on the best professional marketing associations to join for individual career goals and help with career transition.
We are looking for those passionate people who want to apply their enthusiasm to marketing. Students do not need to have a background in marketing—just the desire and drive to become a marketer. Most students finish this 45-47 credit hour program in 15 months, but the curriculum offers the flexibility to extend the program if desired.
Courses & Electives
The MS Marketing program is a 45–47-credit degree that combines the in-depth study of marketing practices and principles with values-based leadership and ethical decision making. Your studies span the theoretical to the real world—from an independent study research project of your choosing to internships that will test your marketing mettle.
You can complete your MS in marketing in as little as 15 months or you have the flexibility to pursue your degree part time.
Concentrations & Dual Degrees
The Department of Marketing offers unique opportunities to pursue two master-level degrees simultaneously or to earn an MBA with a marketing concentration.
For more information about any of these options, please contact a graduate admissions manager.
MS Marketing students can select one of three concentrations listed below or customize their own.
- Integrated Marketing Communication: The strategic skills you need to implement consistent messaging across all touch points.
- Integrated Marketing Strategy: Marketing from a big-picture perspective, including study of broad-based research, planning and management.
- Customize your own track: Choose from classes in digital marketing, supply-chain management, customer-experience management, or much more, to tailor a degree that fits your career goals.
You can also create a customized concentration with the guidance and approval of the department chair.
The world of marketing is changing rapidly, and Daniels is confronting the challenge to stay relevant head on. Throughout the past several years, the Department of Marketing has worked hard to develop innovative programs for marketing professionals that give them the skills to be the best marketers in this dynamic industry.
- Networking Events: The Department of Marketing hosts great professional development opportunities for our community and students such as the annual Digital Marketing Summit which brings together leaders in the marketing sphere to advance their knowledge about this growing industry.
- Five Fridays Program: Part networking, part career development, this new program brings together Daniels marketing alumni and current MS students over the course of five Friday sessions to discuss everything from building a career to developing a personal brand.
- Internships: For more than five years, we have built and grown a robust internship program, helping Daniels students gain placement at more than 500 companies in Colorado such as Comcast, DISH, 9News, Vail Resorts and Crispin Portner + Bogusky.
- The Writing Center: Open to all DU students, the Writing Center at Anderson Academic Commons assists students with all types of writing projects: class assignments, professional writing and multimedia presentations.
At Daniels, our faculty members are passionate about teaching. As scholars who are deeply engaged in the business world, they excel at bridging the gap between theory and real-world application. The result is an academically rigorous and highly relevant learning experience that prepares you for business realities.
Daniels faculty delivers a high level of instruction with a personal touch. Here, you'll find teachers who know your name and care about your goals. They'll become inspiring mentors who challenge your assumptions, encourage your best effort and connect you with business leaders in Denver and beyond.