Master of Science in Management
The Daniels Master of Science in Management
A Business Degree for Non-business Majors
At Daniels we understand not everyone shares our passion for business education. However, we also understand that it is difficult to get ahead in any career without an understanding of business fundamentals and management skills. The MSM is designed to teach students the skills needed to succeed in their field of choice, even if that passion lies outside the world of business.
10 Months Designed for Your Success
Our recently redesigned MSM degree is an intensive 45-credit hour, 10-month program designed for people without a business background. You will join a cohort of classmates from various careers, backgrounds and fields of study to learn management skills, ethical leadership, effective communications, and of course, business fundamentals. Wherever your passion lies, the Daniels MSM program can help prepare you for success.
Program At A Glance
|Program Curriculum||A 10-month, full-time, 45-credit program|
|GMAT/GRE||GMAT or GRE required|
|Program Start Dates||September|
|Financial Aid||Merit-based scholarships awarded by Daniels College of Business, government student loans, private loans and GI benefits available|
|Application Deadlines||Four rounds of admission deadlines for Fall entry: November 15, January 15, March 15 (final deadline for international students), and May 15|
|Recommended Work Experience||Not required|
As an MS Management Student, You Will:
- Take advantage of experiential learning—and put into practice your ability to think on your feet, make effective decisions and collaborate with teams.
- Enhance your ability to manage people, processes and projects.
- Learn from faculty members who are both dedicated teachers and experienced practitioners.
- Enjoy a lockstep, cohorted program that fosters a strong network and an atmosphere of constructive debate and collaboration.
Courses & Electives
The MS in management is a 45-credit hour program that is only 10 months long. The program begins with a week long base camp, then 10 weeks on the foundations of business and management, 10 weeks on the dynamics of management, followed by 10 weeks of management in action culminating in a Summit Team Competition and Final Program Assessment.
Learning at Daniels gets you out of the classroom and into the field interacting with business leaders, solving real business problems and using your business skills when the stakes are real. You’ll emerge from Daniels business sharp, field-tested and ready to lead—adaptable to new situations and well versed in both big-picture strategic thinking and cross-functional intricacies.
In the MSM program you will:
- Visit companies and job shadow with managers.
- Learn from middle management and boardroom executive speakers.
- Participate in exciting competitions including Base Camp Launch Team Challenge and Summit Team Competition.
- Attend Management Fridays Toolkits where you will learn helpful topics such as how to run a meeting, micro communication, digital interaction, recognizing and capturing opportunities, political maneuvering and more.