Douglas Allen is director of the Daniels College of Business international MBA program and associate professor of management. He joined the faculty as instructor in 1989, and was named assistant professor in 1991 after receiving his PhD from the University of Michigan. He was named associate professor in 1997 and director of the Daniels College International MBA program in 2006. In 1996 and 1999, Allen was a visiting professor at the Renmin (People’s) University in Beijing, China. Before joining the University, Allen was an adjunct professor for Wayne State University and lecturer for the University of Michigan business school.
- PhD, Business Administration, The University of Michigan
- MBA, Harvard University
- BS, Sociology, University of Zimbabwe
Academic Professional Activities
- Allen, Douglas B. and Allen, Dwight W. (2004) Formula 2+2: The Simple Solution for Successful Coaching, Berrett Koehler Publishers Inc.
- Allen, Douglas B. (2010) “The Multinational’s Dilemma: Cultures in Conflict,” in: Good Business: Exercising Effective and Ethical Leadership, O’Toole and Mayer (eds.) Routledge
- Allen, Douglas B. (2010) “The Global Manager,” in: The Handbook of Technology Management, 3 Volume Set, Hossein Bidgoli, Editor-in-Chief, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., Hoboken, N.J
Academic Leadership Positions Held
- Director, International MBA, Daniels College of Business