Essence of Enterprise Preparation
Welcome to Daniels! You will be participating in Leading at the Edge Weekend as a part of your Essence of Enterprise (BUS 4610) course during your first quarter at Daniels. At Leading at the Edge, you will develop your leadership, critical decision making and team building skills through a variety of indoor and outdoor experiential learning activities in the Rocky Mountains. You will need to complete your Insights profile prior to beginning your Essence of Enterprise course and participating in Leading at the Edge October 2–4.
Insights Evaluator, Due September 1
Insights Discovery is a unique leadership development tool that uses a personality profiling system to help you understand your personal leadership style. The assessment generates a 20+ page profile about communication and work styles based on responses to the short online evaluator (instructions below). This assessment will be used extensively in one of your first courses at Daniels, the Essence of Enterprise (BUS 4610). During Essence (and the experiential Leading at the Edge weekend) you will use the Insights tool to think more carefully about how to build highly functional teams. Throughout the course, your professors will reference Insights when discussing your individual goals, team dynamics, and even the broader systems within which business functions.
Insights Evaluator Instructions
Below are the instructions for taking the Insights Evaluator. It should only take about 20 minutes to complete.
The Insights Evaluator should be completed by Tuesday, September 1.
- Locate the Insights Evaluator at https://online.insights.com/evaluator/IntergisticSolutions/discovery.
- Once you have located this web page, decide which language you would like to complete the Evaluator in and select the appropriate option button. The default language is English.
- Enter IS-DU-GRAD-FALL2015 as the Referral Code. This is very important because it contains the profile routing instructions.
- Enter your Personal Information. Please note you must complete all areas that are noted in Red. Once you have entered all the appropriate details, click with the left mouse button on the Next button near the bottom of the window.
- Entering your contact details is optional. Click Next.
- Please read the instructions for completion of the Evaluator. Click Next.
- Proceed until you have completed all 25 frames and click on the Next button. Then confirm your email address and click on Send Data.
Insights Debrief, September 18
The Insights debrief is Friday, September 18, from 2–4 p.m. It will be held in Marcus Commons. This session is a mandatory part of your Essence of Enterprise class.
Leading at the Edge, Travel Dates October 2–4
You will be participating in Leading at the Edge Weekend as a part of your Essence of Enterprise course during your first quarter at Daniels. At Leading at the Edge, you develop your leadership, critical decision making and team building skills through a variety of indoor and outdoor experiential learning activities in the Rocky Mountains.
The weekend starts early Friday morning October 2 and continues through Sunday evening October 4.
The bonding, camaraderie and relationships that are formed with teammates during Leading at the Edge are one of the keys to success in this course and your graduate program at Daniels. If you absolutely cannot attend this weekend, please contact Lauren Collins.
Leading at the Edge is conducted at elevations ranging from at 8,600-9,000 feet (2,600-2,800 meters) above sea level and the weather is variable. Temperatures can suddenly drop 20 to 30 degrees if there is a storm or if the wind picks up. Knowing how to keep yourself warm and dry is essential to a pleasurable experience during the Leading at the Edge Weekend.
To prepare for the weekend:
Please direct all questions regarding Leading at the Edge Weekend to Lauren Collins.
Please Note: Every student must complete the Edge Weekend requirement; we accommodate all medical, physical and intellectual disabilities. Please direct questions or concerns about a disability or severe medical concern that could hinder your experience at the Leading at the Edge to Michele McCandless,DSP Associate Director, 303.871.2278.